SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
SOE was acquired by an investment firm and is now operating as an independent game development studio, no longer under the "Sony" umbrella.

Really.. surprising; it'll be interesting to see what this means for EQN, H1Z1, PS2, etc. In the announcement they said they are no longer restricted to PlayStation exclusivity, so that's a bonus, assuming they don't get funding pulled out from under them.
confused.png

Link to article

Vitality

HUSTLE
Planetside 2 for xbox could be interesting. Smed making moves at the mozzarella stick table.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.
Is it just me, or is everyone at that company completely detached from reality? I guess the investment company had to see some glimmer of hope though, right?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is it just me, or is everyone at that company completely detached from reality? I guess the investment company had to see some glimmer of hope though, right?
EverQuest
Multiplatform

EQ in the Browser confirmed

edit: damnit Zyyz.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's their job to make it sound positive and exciting. Behind the scenes I'd bet almost every one of them is now sending out feelers to other companies.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Columbus Nova looks to have no history in the electronic entertainment and tech industry, from my limited research.

This could prove sink or swim for smed as it seems like an experimental move on Columbus Nova's part.

FYI: Their main website (with only 3 buttons) is crashing a ton today.

My prediction is Georgeson gets cut.

rimalz_sl

shitlord
Best thing about this is the investment firm owns fiverr too, so lots of resources becoming available to the assorted SOE teams.