Space Force

spronk

FPS noob
2.75 star(s) Rating: 2.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Space Force

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2020-05-29

Creator: Steve Carell, Greg Daniels

Cast: Steve Carell, John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz, Diana Silvers, Tawny Newsome, Alex Sparrow

Overview: On June 18, 2018 the federal government announced the creation of a 6th major division of the United States Armed Forces. The Goal of the new branch is "to defend satellites from attack" and "perform other space-related tasks." Or something. This is the story of the men and women who have to figure it out.

spronk

FPS noob

out on netflix May 29th, 2020

Michael Scott's next great adventure

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Looks like a typical low IQ show for liberals. You know, the kind that don't know where to pick a dick.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
i dont care for the timing being some way to ride anti-trump fervor, but it does look funny and our space investments have become increasingly laughable. There is plenty of room to poke at the DoD and capitol hill too.

I'm looking forward to it.

I really don't get people claiming we shouldn't "militarize" space. Monopoly of violence being a government prerogative, we're either early or late to the party. May as well be early.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well if we don't the Rangs will, so its just getting ahead of the game. But the basic premise and actors involve make this look pretty funny, so might give it a shot.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Someone taped Carell's picture over the CSO's. IRL

1590037258448.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
reviews are out and they say its kinda bad, 47/100 right now on MC

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've noticed that most of the print media is trashing the show but the handful of reviewers that I follow on Youtube have liked it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched the first two episodes, was pretty mediocre with the exception of Fred Willard, may he rest in peace, who stole ever scene he was in. That guy is so much better than everyone else in this show it isn't fair to the rest of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was terrible. The “jokes” in the first two episodes were nothing but low hanging, anti-Trump fruit. Trump tweets too much, Trump can’t spell, Trump’s a Russian asset, mass shootings in space. Just awful.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This was.. not good.

Watched the first two episodes and then skipped to the end to see if things got better after they found their legs.

They did not.

The show ultimately couldn't decide if it wanted to be an Airplane/Police Squad type farce or a more subtle dark humour comedy and that is not the sort of identity crisis that works well.

• 3Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man I had high hopes for this with that cast but I couldn't get through the first episode.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. I stopped watching it when they were training the chimp to reassemble the satellite.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
i dont care for the timing being some way to ride anti-trump fervor, but it does look funny and our space investments have become increasingly laughable. There is plenty of room to poke at the DoD and capitol hill too.

I'm looking forward to it.

I really don't get people claiming we shouldn't "militarize" space. Monopoly of violence being a government prerogative, we're either early or late to the party. May as well be early.

Yeah those space investments were certainly better 10 years ago. This is coming out as we are sending astronauts to space again?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I was intrigued when i heard the original announcement so gave it a shot in spite of the ratings and reviews hoping maybe i would like it anyway. I barely made it through the first episode, don't think i had a single real laugh but i did chuckle a couple of times, not enough to even begin to consider watching any other episodes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
TV show information provided by The Movie Database