SpacialOS: The future of large scale battles in gaming?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Could this be the beginning of more games with the scale of PS2?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not really seeing anything special. Hearing a lot though, which makes me think of the endless amounts of vaporware we've seen in the past.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not really seeing anything special. Hearing a lot though, which makes me think of the endless amounts of vaporware we've seen in the past.

Keep in mind this is what Mavericks is using so we should get a taste of how it works soon.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I theorycrafted this tech like 5+ years ago when I was drawing up plans for my dream mmo. Could be promising, but it's just a tool and as usual it'll be up to game devs if and how they use it.

For those that still don't know what the demo is saying, it's backend server tech to get multiple servers hosting a single shard/realm/map

So basically unlimited open world game is possible with no zoning and huge player population.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They're just going to use this for 1000 player battle royale games.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I dislike off the bat is it sounds like they plan to host the servers themselves.

If they give no option to use the tech on servers they don't own, then it's probably DOA.

I don't know if they're trying to sell the tech, or use the tech to sell server hosting. Right now it looks like the tech is free, but maybe cause it's Alpha.