Spain + Morocco Trip

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to Spain and Morocco this December with the new lady. Will be in Barcelona/surrounding area and then to Fez and Marakesh. Will be about 6 days in each. Anyone done a trip like this before?

I have it mostly figured out. Ryanair is super cheap to get to Fez from Barcelona and I already know all the shit I want to see there. She's planning Barcelona, so whatever.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Marrakech / Morocco is not like the typical arabic country, I was pleasantly surprised when I went there last autumn, they even brew their own beer, which by the way, aint to shabby as beer goes, best imo was a lager called Casablanca.

Whatever you do, dont eat the food at the hotel / Riad, its overpriced as fuck, we where 6 persons and ate 1 dinner at our Riad and it costed more than 3 days of lunch and dinner outside in the city.

There are a shitload of good restaurants in the vicinity of the big market square, they even open up restaurants at night there after all the peddlers has gone to sleep.

If you are there to buy stuff, buy from the outskirts of the market as they usually do not try to scam you, the closer to the city centre you get, the higher the chance that they are trying to give you shitty deals.

Thats about all, have fun, it is a nice country compared to Egypt and Tunisia, which was (and is) shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've spent extensive time in the ME proper and speak fluent Arabic. Although I don't understand a word of Moroccan, I am certain we can speak Egyptian well enough and will be able to read everything without issue. Egypt does suck though, fuck that place, I would only go to Sharm Al-Sheikh again but even that place isn't worth the hassle.

I'll keep that in mind to not get fleeced in the Riads though! Not really there to buy anything in particular, all I really want is a nice tagine and I now have some beer to look forward to!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
When in Spain I would recommend Sevilla and Marbella. The former has really beautiful old architecture, while the latter is a ritzy party beach down that is worth a weekend stay.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Andalusia is pretty badass in general. I really enjoyed the time I spent in Granada.