Spectacular Failures

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
‎Spectacular Failures on Apple Podcasts

new podcast 1st eps just released, it's about american shit that failed

1st eps is about tammy faye christian theme park, they should have gone into tammy faye and the whole evangelical thing more, imo, maybe they will next time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Never heard of this before so I listened to the poscast this morning.

I guess it was ok for a layman, the subject matters interesting for this podcast series - I find alot of the scandals/dodgy business stuff pretty interesting.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
it's still not bad for surface topics, they could still deep dive more, as someone who does not drink alcohol i was still intriqued by splitz beer, but they could have made this an easy 2hr podcast... instead it's more like

"yea, they got cheap and changed shit, now they ka powwy"

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Finally got around to listening to this on the way in this morning. Seems like a good popcorn/quick listen show to throw in the mix with the longer ones on long drives.
I got the impression that the host is a millennial cat lady, so I went looking for info on her when I got in this morning.

Lauren Ober. Image by Ben Wall, 2014.
Lauren is a reporter/producer for WAMU 88.5 FM in Washington, D.C. She is also an occasional writer of print media. Her radio work about stuff like competitive karaoke, Persian dodgeball, professional hockey cheerleaders and draft horse farming has been heard on NPR’s All Things Considered and Weekend Edition, PRI’s The World, 99% Invisible, Only A Game, The Story, the BBC and WAMU, among other outlets.

Her radio stories have garnered some awards, including a 2013 PRNDI for best News/Public Affairs Program and a regional Edward R. Murrow Award. Then there was that time she won an Emmy.

Back in the day, Lauren was an old school newspaper reporter, writing about everything from Canadian border security to soft-serve ice cream (creemees!) to all things maple syrup. Did you know someone once tried to run a car on maple syrup? You do now.

Lauren has accumulated a couple of college degrees, including a masters in journalism from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. She is also a proud graduate of the Transom Story Workshop in the dreamy radio wonderland of Woods Hole, MA.

Originally from the great City of Pittsburgh, Lauren naturally has a deep and abiding love of pierogi.

Also, she thinks you look amazing. Lear more about Lauren at www.oberandout.com.
Image result for Lauren Ober

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
at least so far i didn't get to like her voice

Like i started to enjoy the crime junkies voice
5c754556c0a41.image.jpg

oh thank god, the main host is the prettier one.

like... don't google "stuff you missed in history class" hosts, they look like how they sound.
tumblr_inline_nw9owce5tn1rhlqca_1280.png

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
at least so far i didn't get to like her voice

Like i started to enjoy the crime junkies voice
5c754556c0a41.image.jpg

oh thank god, the main host is the prettier one.

like... don't google "stuff you missed in history class" hosts, they look like how they sound.
tumblr_inline_nw9owce5tn1rhlqca_1280.png

well, I'm hard

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

i just heard a podcast on lincoln savings.

TLDR: Mccain destroyed our economy for 30years

ya'll remember 2008 housing bubble? that arose from

1989 savings and loan crisis(SALC), basically a real estate developer bought a bank (and it's branches) and decided to lend money to himself to keep on building real estate... now when you hear this, you're like "THATS FUCKED UP"

so congress tried to stop, and this guy was so connected he called up 5 senators, 4 shit dems and Mccain
e31e72277689f574b47e9d121ef4eed9.png

They're called the Keating 5(cuz the real estate developer is keating)

How the fuck was this real estate guy able to rope in 4 democrats and 1 lone republican?