Speech of Kevin Spacey regarding the state of TV

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've always said it like "GIFT" without the T. Never known a single person that calls it the peanut butter brand.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
People starting saying that JIF is the correct saying when the guy who supposedly invented the format said it should be said that way and no, I will not find you the link.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Choosy moms choose...

jif.jpeg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Took me a full page of the thread before I found out you guys were talking about gifs. Who the fuck capitalizes gif?

Anyway, both pronounciations are correct but giff is the more common way to pronounce gif. The creator of a technology has no decision-making in how it's pronounced. Language is determined by the masses.

As to the Kevin Spacey video, I agree but don't care. I have no network TV service in my home. Either I pay for content via netflix et all or I get it for free via tpb et all.

I just hope that the days of expensive shows like Game of Thrones aren't going to be a casualty in the movement away from subscription based products. To me it seems like those shows are loss leaders but I have no real idea.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyway, both pronounciations are correct but giff is the more common way to pronounce gif. The creator of a technology has no decision-making in how it's pronounced. Language is determined by the masses.
Yea dude, totally.

Same thing with authors, fuck them. The masses decide how to pronounce the characters names, irregardless of what you say.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yea dude, totally.

Same thing with authors, fuck them. The masses decide how to pronounce the characters names, irregardless of what you say.
Nah. Authors have ownership of characters they make much like creators of a new image format have ownership over the protocol of that format.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was actually agreeing with you in a roundabout and very sarcastic way because I hate that you're right. That's why I used "irregardless", a word that isn't real and should never exist in formal conversation that was willed into the English language by the unwashed masses.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can you think of a time when a popular character was generally pronounced as something the author disagreed with?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
There was a study recently that found 89% of people who say gif with a hard "g" are pedophiles. Can't argue with science

Eonan

Doer of Things
How dare you question The Spacey

Edit: And yes...its worth watching the entire speech.

Edit2: Oh and Kevin Spacey for President of Television

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Digging this video, but his reference to Ford is not what actually happened.

Also he mentioned True Blood in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Also he mentioned True Blood in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire.
Yeah, that solidifies my opinion that he doesn't know how to pronounce GIF.