Speed Run Charity Week (old school new games pc games console games)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Charity streaming for cancer, the list of games is huge, definitely some nostalgia value - figured people would like to know this is happening - The teamliquid thread link is a very exhaustive list of everything about the event.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=391044

http://twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Currently (7pm EST~) Three way competitive speed run of Super Mario world.

Game List

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Ape Escape
Bad Dudes
Banjo Kazooie
Batman (NES)
Batman: Arkham City
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Bayou Billy
The Binding of Isaac
Bio Force Ape
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Blaster Master
Blaster Master 2
Braid
Captain Comic
Castlevania
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Commander Keen 5 & 6
Contra
Super C
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Dark Souls
Darksiders
Devil May Cry 3
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Doom & Doom II
Earnest Evans
Earthbound
Ecco The Dolphin
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
F-Zero GX
Fallout 1 and 2
Final Fantasy IX
Gimmick!
God of War II
Goldeneye
Goof Troop
Grand Theft Auto III
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Incredible Crash Dummies
Jackal
Jet Set Radio HD
Kid Chameleon
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect
MegaMari
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Mega Man X
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Morph
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid: Zero Mission
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Mischief Makers
MYSTERY GAME
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden III
Ninja Gaiden Black
Pok?mon Gold
Portal 2
Ratchet and Clank
Rayman/Rayman Origins
Rocket Knight Adventures
Rockman & Forte
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Shadow Complex
Shadow of the Colossus
Shadow The Hedgehog
Skyblazer
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic CD
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
Sub-Terrania
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Super Meat Boy
Super Metroid
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
The Ren & Stimple Show: Stimpy's Invention
Timecop
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Trials Evolution
Umihara Kawase
VVVVVV
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: The Wind Waker

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fallout 1 can be completed ridiculously fast. I'm not familiar with a lot of the games. Hope there's some marathon ones on there.

Thanks for posting the link

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Watched this a ton today, Arkham City was boring as fuck to watch but they played one older game called Gimmick that was balls-crushing hard.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, Cyghfer is mad entertaining to watch run games (Gimmick, Legend of the 7 stars, Goof Troop)
I've been watching this for so long, trying to stay up to watch ninja gaiden black but.. its not for another hour ughh.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been watching quite a bit this week. Watched the Super Meat Boy run on VOD (here's the list of VODs) since I missed it live, which was fucking amazing. It's got to be absolutely exhausting speed running that game; I was exhausted just watching it.

Looking forward to Siglemic (Mario 64) and Cosmo (Wind Waker) on Saturday, although it sucks they put Sig so early.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are playing Earthbound now. Great game but it's really boring watching people play RPGs.

I was watching that guy play Super Meat Boy live on Monday and yeah, he is pretty amazing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They are playing Earthbound now. Great game but it's really boring watching people play RPGs.
Yeah, by far the most interesting part of the Earthbound run is the guy on the left explaining old console programming and shit. He should just do that the whole time.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Half the time I don't even watch, just listen. I enjoy learning about the tips and tricks of each of the games.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. I'm not big on watching RPG speed runs either unless they show really quick methods of gaining levels or something, or really strong abuse of boss fights etc. Aww well its still cool that they run games like FF9 and Earthbound

an accordion_sl

shitlord
PDb2e.gif

Sean_sl

shitlord
Zelda block currently going on. Right now Zelda II is being played, then LttP and OoT.

After the Zelda block is DMC3.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it's faster but could there be a worse way to play than jumping backwards constantly? It's gotten better since the beginning but at first it was pretty terrible to watch.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
22 min OOT run...Holy shit mind blown

*edit* while these are amazing streams and what not, they certainly glitch a lot during the OOT game, hope Windwaker isnt the same shit.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So many mind blowing speed runs during the SDA events. Also blows my mind how much money they raise. $334,971 and still counting.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
22 min OOT run...Holy shit mind blown

*edit* while these are amazing streams and what not, they certainly glitch a lot during the OOT game, hope Windwaker isnt the same shit.
It's all about beating games as fast as possible so they use any and all exploits and glitches. It's really annoying for some games, like the 100% OOT run where the guy ran backwards a lot. Most of it is really fun to watch. Some of these guys get so deep into it they are talking about pixels and frames and saving 2 seconds here and there.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They raised over 418k by the end of their last game, pretty impressive. There were some crazy awesome runs during this, can't wait for the next one they do.

I think donations are still up right now too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Donations are up for another week, their bonus stream will probably still bring in a bunch of $$
That was amazing, always look forward to this marathon, definitely excited for next year already