Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
About time for the new season to get started!

That was a pain to attach, but here is the chart!

spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

spring3.jpg

spring4.jpg

springoavmovie.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hoping more than one series will be at least as good as Youjo Senkai (Tanya).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We've already gone through this list in the Winter thread, but there's a TON of potential in this season.

Boku no Hero Academia 2
Berserk 2
DanMachii 2 (Aiz version)
AstroBoy origin
Shingeki no Bahamut 2
Re: Creators (whatever that is, all shows with Re: tend to be good)

Yeah, that should sum up some of the good ones.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Hero Academia / AoT start today, both should be great.

Started reading the Blame! manga the other day, and I think the movie will be quite good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What is AoT?

My Hero Academia was primarily a recap episode. They tell you generally what happened last season, and set up some of the story for this coming season. The "big event" is a Sport's thing that the school hosts, and every pro hero in the world attends it to scout new assistants who will go pro on their own later.

It nice to see the characters again, but it wasn't a strong episode. This was kind of a spoiler, but only because the episode was mostly recap.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So mad that AoT season length got cut down to 12 episodes.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The manga ofr My Hero Academia is way past Season 2, and it just keeps getting better (imo), I have faith that the animation studio can do the series justice.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lol wait, so there's "Nanatsu no Taizai" which is the Seven Deadly Sins manga/anime that's been around for years, but there's a new anime this season called "Sin Nanatsu no Taizai", also "The Seven Deadly Sins" which isn't related nor has anything to do with the original Seven Deadly Sins series?

Are there no copyright infringement laws whatsoever over there? lolol

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Well, I doubt that the Church copyrighted the idea. It's not like it's new you know. And it has been used in anime multiple times.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the first episode of Alive & Zoroku, it was pretty good, kinda interesting that an old man is a main character.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Watched the first episode of Alive & Zoroku, it was pretty good, kinda interesting that an old man is a main character.

Yeah. Saw it pop earlier, watched a PV on youtube and decided to watch it. I was NOT expecting that from the PV haha. Anyway, the setting is interesting, will watch this season.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the first episode of Boruto.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the first episode of Boruto.
I was a bit disappointed with it, they went with a theme of a young son who resents the lack of attention from his father and becomes rebellious. Would have been nice to see Naruto -be- a father and have a good relationship with his son...something he himself never had with his own father while a child. Maybe every Japanese boy wishes he could rebel against his dad? ;p

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think those things will unfold as the series progresses and before Naruto dies. Or Boruto will at least come to an understanding of why the Hokage can't be a stay-at-home dad. Probably while he trains with Sasuke.

• 1Like