Spring 2020 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Tower of God

Genre: Animation, Drama, Mystery, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-04-01

Creator: SIU

Cast: Ichikawa Taichi, Saori Hayami, Houchu Ohtsuka, Rie Suegara, Akira Sekine, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Kenta Miyake, Mariko Honda, Toshinari Fukamachi, Takuya Eguchi, Kazuyuki Okitsu

Overview: Tower of God centers around a boy called Twenty-Fifth Bam, who has spent most of his life trapped beneath a vast and mysterious Tower, with only his close friend, Rachel, to keep him company. When Rachel enters the Tower, Bam manages to open the door into it as well, and faces challenges at each floor of this tower as he tries to find his closest companion.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Granblue Fantasy - Continuation of good series.
Tower of God - It's been a long time coming, hope the animation does it justice.
Ascendance of a Bookworm S2 - Fuck yeah!
Fruits Basket S2 - Fuck yeah!
Shokugeki no Souma - I'm contractually obligated to watch this to the end.
SAO - Alicization S2 P2 - Maybe Kirito will do something this time!
A Certain Jailbait Railgun T - Fun series.

There's some other stuff in there I will poke at to see if it's any good. Trying not to overload again, as I have a backlog to finish up from this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Malkav Malkav need to you repost your chart when I merge it to the thread with the banner it ate your post. In the future make an initial post that is reserved for when we add poster, then in a second post add your chart.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Blazin Blazin Duly noted, thanks!
Here is the chart back.
spring-2020.jpg

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m gonna be real butthurt when ToG turns out to be an elaborate April fools from Crunchyroll.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And wow, a new Shokugeki no Soma. I was under the impression it was over now, but I guess they're doing another part?

Malkav

French Madman
No idea how good this arc will be for Soma. Heard it was meh.

I stopped reading the manga after the parc they finished in anime last year, sounds pretty much done to me too.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The new Trigger show BNA leaked its first 6 episodes already on the high seas. Didn't watch it, just took a peek. Looks very stylish, reminded me of Promare.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
oh. Bookworm and fruits basket season 2? What have i become that i get fucking hyped for those 2 shows?

FUCK YEAH,

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Netflix Japan aired the first 6 over a week ago so that's unsurprising. Will definitely give it a try, because Trigger.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Just watched the teaser for Kakushigoto, and it's a top tier troll job. The manga series is from the author of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and is nothing like that:

Episode 1 airs tomorrow.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tower of God. The animation is crap. I was hoping I wouldn't care since it was ToG. But jeez it sucks.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Tower of God. The animation is crap. I was hoping I wouldn't care since it was ToG. But jeez it sucks.

Yeah, the animation is not very good, but is is faithful to the art style. I'm willing to put up with it for now.

Last edited:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The are clearly opting for a grittier und "drawn" artstyle faithful to S1, a bit like Megalo Box and Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun. And that is my biggest gripe - they clearly didn't want to disappoint the original fans, but tryinf to adopt the panels and shots from the manwha one to one to camera angles in an anime doesn't really seem to work out. Especially in fight scenes.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database