Spring 2022 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2022-04-03

Cast: Takeo Otsuka, Kana Ichinose, Fairouz Ai, Ayane Sakura, Kenichi Suzumura, Kohsuke Toriumi, Shinnosuke Tachibana, Koji Yusa, Nobuyuki Hiyama

Overview: Office worker Leon is reincarnated into a particularly punishing dating sim video game, where women reign supreme and only beautiful men have a seat at the table. But Leon has a secret weapon: he remembers everything from his past life, which includes a complete playthrough of the very game in which he is now trapped. Watch Leon spark a revolution to change this new world in order to fulfill his ultimate desire...of living a quiet, easy life in the countryside!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
spring-2022.jpg

The new anime season officially starts in 3 weeks, on April 1st. So here's the thread for it.
Can Amod Amod please change the topic to Spring 2022 Anime Thread?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I tend to like most isekai shit, so this looks like it'll be another entertaining season for me.

The Rising of the Shield Hero season 2. Fuck yeah.
Komi Can't Communicate season 2. For as dumb as it was, I still enjoyed the first season (it's on Netflix).
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie. Ok, this will probably not appeal to most people, but I'll still give it a shot.
The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody. While this is a new series, it's pretty much the same as a different show this current season. But whatever, I'll still give it a shot.
Skeleton Knight in a Different World. It's yet another Isekai, so I'll see if I like it.
I'm Quitting Heroing. See above.
Bookworm part 3. Check.
Trapped in a Dating Sim (the thread image). It's a different take on Isekai, so I'll try that also.
The Dawn of the Witch. Eh... maybe.

There's way too much this season that I "might" like, so I'll stop listing now. As I read the other series descriptions, I had interest in a lot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm in for Shield Hero season 2 and Bookworm season 3, looks like a shitty season otherwise.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
wow, Tiger and Bunny 2?

The first season started off a little slow but then turned into a real thriller, especially at the end.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
First new show already started to air. 2 episodes of Estab-Life - Great Escape have been released.
Here's the brief summery. I haven't watched it yet, so can't comment on how it is, but I suspect I'll like it because... isekai type show.

"The distant future. After reaching its peak, Earth's population fell into decline. AI was developed to help preserve the species and manage the ecosystem; a grand experiment in human diversity. Through genetic engineering, a diverse array of peoples, including beastfolk, magical beings, and more, was created to live in a diverse city separated into walled "clusters".

Each cluster developed a unique culture, befitting of the people that lived there. Their lives, and the system, is continually maintained by the AI to ensure survival."

EDIT: My initial review is that it's a very "pretty" show, nicely animated, but it isn't good. I only sat through about 5 minutes, though. It's all CGI style animation, but it looks a little higher quality than the chinese bullshit I've seen every season. It at least "looks" animated, even if it isn't. But yeah, the story doesn't do anything for me. I'll watch a little more tonight and see if the initial review is right or not.

EDIT 2: I was right, this show is garbage. It doesn't capture my attention at all, and the longer I see it, the worse the CGI animation actually is. Bad story, bad characters, bad everything. Sorry for talking about it in the first place.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I thought Otome Game Sekai was a pretty good 1st episode. Will watch the second for sure.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've watched a few now, but one caught my attention.

Ya Boy Kongming!
- Reverse Isekai. General from ancient Japan is summoned to current day, but thinks it's hell. The general determines that he wants to help this singer girl achieve her dream for reasons. It's entertaining.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I watched a double episode recap of bookworm, which by the way is how every fucking show should do recap, it was very well done.

Can't wait for the new season.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What the fuck happened to the quality in shield hero? Obvious downgraded on shields and weapons and combat animations.
That aside Tomodachi looks to be my favorite so far, love me some mind games.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database