Squid Game

Goatface

3.82 star(s) Rating: 3.82/5 11 Votes
Title: Squid Game

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2021-09-17

Creator: Hwang Dong-hyuk

Cast: Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-jun, Heo Sung-tae, Kim Joo-ryoung, Jung Ho-yeon, Lee You-mi, Anupam Tripathi, Gong Yoo, Yoo Sung-ju, Oh Yeong-su

Overview: Hundreds of cash-strapped players accept a strange invitation to compete in children's games. Inside, a tempting prize awaits — with deadly high stakes.

spronk

FPS noob
meh, looks kinda cheap on the visuals - low tech, Saw sorta puzzle rooms. I recently saw Alice in Borderlands on Netflix and that was basically the same idea but done really well.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It was excelent, hope there will be a 2nd season that has nothing to do with the first.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
a few discord friends also recommended this, gonna add it to my watch list. I'd recommend Alice in Borderlands if you liked this

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Binged this the day it dropped and loved it but fair warning, episode 7 is the worst of the bunch...just power through it.

Could have done without the last 20 minutes as we pretty much figured when the character was killed off-screen we were going to see them again. Certainly set it up nicely for a sequel

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This shit is pretty damn good!

That tug-o-war was intense!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I binged this yesterday. I liked it minus a couple stupid things, mostly in the last couple episodes. The old lady's voice is really annoying, but I'm pretty sure that was by design. #1 was my favorite character, probably because he reminds me of my Senior Project advisor in college.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got one episode left and it's pretty good so far. I could do without the last second saves, it gets kinda old after a while.

I cant stop to wonder how many great stories one has missed during all this time from the foreign scene. Just the last couple of years of Dark from germany and Katla from Iceland were all good stories.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got one episode left and it's pretty good so far. I could do without the last second saves, it gets kinda old after a while.

I cant stop to wonder how many great stories one has missed during all this time from the foreign scene. Just the last couple of years of Dark from germany and Katla from Iceland were all good stories.

The Korean shows are pretty decent as a whole. The Nigerian shit is laughably bad. Like high school production bad. The shit out of China is usually bad, but they have decent production values.

Most of the shows out of Europe are too...slow for my tastes. They try too hard to be artsy?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah as Hollywood has gotten shittier and shittier with everyone looking like Cyberpunk character creation results, its been great dipping into foreign media. Only watched one episode of Squid Game and enjoyed it. As I said before, if you liked this definitely watch Alice in Borderlands, its like the more sci-fi Japanese version.

I'd watch it in the original VA with subs, we watched a bit with the dub and it wasn't bad (I think the main VA is the korean guy from Lost/Hawaii 5-0?) but most of the voices are meh and losing lip sync is weird.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Episode 4/5 game

Tug of War

made my hands fucking sweat like crazy. Talk about insane. lol.

• 1Like

Goatface

netflix said it is certainly going to be their biggest non-english series. #1 in 90 countries
and might have a shot at breaking Bridgerton’s record 82 million household views.
(view was changed while back from like 75% of a show to watching at least 2 mins)

spronk

FPS noob
Only up to 3 episodes so far but #2 threw me for a loop, what you expect the typical show to do ... fuck no! that was really cool, especially since American shows have gotten so damn predictable.

wife tapped out though, too violent lol

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah as Hollywood has gotten shittier and shittier with everyone looking like Cyberpunk character creation results, its been great dipping into foreign media. Only watched one episode of Squid Game and enjoyed it. As I said before, if you liked this definitely watch Alice in Borderlands, its like the more sci-fi Japanese version.

I'd watch it in the original VA with subs, we watched a bit with the dub and it wasn't bad (I think the main VA is the korean guy from Lost/Hawaii 5-0?) but most of the voices are meh and losing lip sync is weird.
I'll check out Alice for sure. Saw there was another series similar to them as well but can't remember the name, was Asian also.

Edit: Ah NM was a movie recommended in the other thread, animal world.

Last edited:
TV show information provided by The Movie Database