Star Galaxy [Square Enix]

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Square Enix had a teaser site up at:

http://stargalaxy.jp/

Basically all signs pointed to a new Star Ocean game. Instead, we get a 'sequel' MMO. IN A BROWSER. FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX.

Star Ocean sequel Star Galaxy has been announced by Square Enix.

Details of the new game, which starts a closed beta on December 20, were revealed earlier today on the recently launched Square Enix teaser site.

The massively multiplayer online game sees players manage a planet's resources, infrastructure and power sources, according to Siliconera.

The browser-based game will support battles with up to 200 people, with the aim to build up bases by taking over planets.

Star Galaxy will feature four factions, including the Boldor Imperial Army led by cold-hearted tactician Roy Bismark, the Holy Knights of Selshion, the Universe Trading Union led by rebel Tagel and feared Republican commander Vivian.

Square Enix has not released an original addition to the franchise since 2009's Star Ocean: The Last Hope for Xbox 360, a game that was ported to PlayStation 3 the following year.

Meanwhile, the studio is working on the anticipated Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, but is yet to confirm a specific release date for the 2013 project.

The developer has also been active in the mobile sector, recently porting Chaos Rings Omega to Android devices.

Read more:http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...#ixzz2ErD4LjHi
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
Thought this belonged here since it is an MMO.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So whatever happened with this?

I need something else to play until Pantheon comes out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Isn't it obvious? They're in pre-alpha as you can tell by the pixels.
Screenshot 2022-10-21 160838.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

It kind of looked like a placeholder for a long dead star ocean game or something, but the comments I've found said it was some browser based social game that wasn't even available in Japan. No wonder it quietly disappeared.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck this bump, I thought our lord of the minivan had finally come home.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Stop bumping this shit and giving me false hope

Bruh.

Haven't you read the Gospel of Nirgon Nirgon ?

There is no such thing as false hope. There's only true believers, and nonbelievers.

If you hold out hope for long enough, it *WILL* happen.

Now, I'm not sure if Pantheon will release by 2028 or not, but I'm going to believe that this social MMO version of E-Sim is going to happen.

When? Soon.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Gospel of Nirgon is for Pantheon my dude

Don't get it twisted

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Bruh.

Haven't you read the Gospel of Nirgon Nirgon ?

There is no such thing as false hope. There's only true believers, and nonbelievers.

If you hold out hope for long enough, it *WILL* happen.

Now, I'm not sure if Pantheon will release by 2028 or not, but I'm going to believe that this social MMO version of E-Sim is going to happen.

When? Soon.
fallenone.gif

• 1Worf