Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe I haven't been keeping up, but outside limited "flashback" or "ghost" type sequences, what role will Luke serve in the next movie considering he's dead?
this is all rumor being passed around by youtube nerds, but the word on the street is Luke's death will be retconned and Leia will have a big role in ep9. i dunno if thats true, but i aggree some heavy retconning will need to take place for this story to continue. there was nothing left to work with at the end of TLJ

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
this is all rumor being passed around by youtube nerds, but the word on the street is Luke's death will be retconned and Leia will have a big role in ep9. i dunno if thats true, but i aggree some heavy retconning will need to take place for this story to continue. there was nothing left to work with at the end of TLJ

How can Leia have a big role in Ep 9 considering she's dead in RL lol? Also, even if she were alive, she's gotta be the worst actress on the planet. All through episode 8 I was trying to guess how many hits of Xanax she was on.

What a shitshow.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How can Leia have a big role in Ep 9 considering she's dead in RL lol? Also, even if she were alive, she's gotta be the worst actress on the planet. All through episode 8 I was trying to guess how many hits of Xanax she was on.

What a shitshow.
Creepy CGI Leia. They rolled Tarkin outta the grave, no reason they can't do the same for Leia.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your Stars Wars franchise must really be in a bad shape when you'd wish Lucas to come back and "save" your production. He couldn't even save himself during prequels.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well, the irony is that the CGI version will probably be more emotive and a better actor than the live version.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
lol, disney is desperate as fuck if they're willing to say they're getting george lucas involved to help.

Episode 8 has to rank as one of the biggest film-related financial disasters in the history of mankind. Sure there's movies that bomb, but movies that bomb so hard that they put a gigantic multi-billion movie series on life support?

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol, disney is desperate as fuck if they're willing to say they're getting george lucas involved to help.

Episode 8 has to rank as one of the biggest film-related financial disasters in the history of mankind. Sure there's movies that bomb, but movies that bomb so hard that they put a gigantic multi-billion movie series on life support?

Episode 8 sure well deserved his awful reviews but box office bomb wise, SOLO was a 101 textbook "how much can you fuck up a 99.9% box office record potential with bad production" case. Nepotism, bad casting, horrible writing, remote development, executive meddlement, I mean okay it's Hollywood, shit happens but when you reach a point you'd have to shut down the entire production to get your main actors acting classes and yet doing weeks long reshoots because it's still very bad, it's better to just axe everything and call it a day.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
CGI Leia or outtakes from TFA and TLJ and maybe some overdubbing can be made to work for the scenes they need. when they bring Lando back, he has to talk to somebody. he doesnt know any of these fucking people and Chewie cant have a scene where he convinces him to help out the 5 person LARPfest known as the "resistance". it has to be Leia or Luke. i think Leia will have a better shot. its going to be lollerskates, but its what they're left to work with at this point in the franchise. honestly they should have just bought the rights to the original films and released them all on BR restored to the original and made serious bank. they obviously had no fucking ideas on how to continue this franchise outside of remaking the originals and fan service for us geezer fans.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still don't get why they wouldn't use Timothy Zahn work, 1-3 were horrible to the point that I torrented 7, and I have absolutely no curiosity for 8, I don't feel the slightlest urge to even torrent EP8. I'm really surprised that EP8 did "so well" in theater, the audience should really have been 3 SJW-tranny militants and that's it. Do you guys hate yourselves so much that you'd hurt yourself watching these pile of steaming shit ? Why don't you just watch ep5 for the 56th time and have enjoy it for the 56th time instead of wasting your time (and maybe even your money?) like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of people bought tickets for opening weekend or christmas week. For TFA and TLJ, 80% and 85% of their domestic gross were in the first 18 days. After the opening weekend everything was 25-50% less, all foreign markets were 25-50% with China notably being a 65% drop.

I don't think you could predict it to do as much as 7 even if it was decent, but the box office underperforming that much is very telling not to mention the merchandising hit by the end of the first 2-3 week period.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SOLO was their second standalone attempt after Rogue One, while the formler got abysmal reviews Rogue One got quite decent critics. TFA felt a lot like pure "Episode IV" fanservice and TLJ was so convoluted, disjointed and out of touch you could replace cast and setup and brand it a SyFy / CW TV show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

They should have stayed with Lucas' original idea and that was Luke becoming a Sith and his final salvation. Pushing aside the original cast for this shit parade was a cosmic mistake.

This scene sums up all of the new films

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Man, the Lucas hate here is so misguided. Lucas is a terrible director, the prequels suck and the originals were good because he didn't direct or had a great team around him to make them what they are.

BUT, Lucas is an amazing story teller. Even the prequels story is almost ok except for midchloreans, romance, young Anakin. Jar jar was a directorial decision imo, he wanted to push tech and sacrifice story.

Get the story from Lucas and put it in capable hands and you would have 9 amazing movies

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Man, the Lucas hate here is so misguided. Lucas is a terrible director, the prequels suck and the originals were good because he didn't direct or had a great team around him to make them what they are.

BUT, Lucas is an amazing story teller. Even the prequels story is almost ok except for midchloreans, romance, young Anakin. Jar jar was a directorial decision imo, he wanted to push tech and sacrifice story.

Get the story from Lucas and put it in capable hands and you would have 9 amazing movies

Lucas when he was reined in did great, it was when he was surrounded by nothing but dick riders and yes men that we got the abomination that was the prequels.

• 4Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

What's funny is that no one wanted to give him money for Red Tails. His ass is still chapped over that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

OMG stahp, did you forget Indy and the crystal skull? he had spielberg himself direct while Lucas wrote it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still don't get why they wouldn't use Timothy Zahn work, 1-3 were horrible to the point that I torrented 7, and I have absolutely no curiosity for 8, I don't feel the slightlest urge to even torrent EP8. I'm really surprised that EP8 did "so well" in theater, the audience should really have been 3 SJW-tranny militants and that's it. Do you guys hate yourselves so much that you'd hurt yourself watching these pile of steaming shit ? Why don't you just watch ep5 for the 56th time and have enjoy it for the 56th time instead of wasting your time (and maybe even your money?) like this.

Zahn trilogy would have allowed them to bring closure to Luke, Leia, Han while still developing the newer characters. I hate how IN YOUR FACE the new characters are. They are just too centered and too self-important. That would be fine if they were good characters. They simply don't deserve as much screen time or to be the central focus of a trilogy. They are spinoff movie quality characters. These characters are not Star Wars main trilogy characters.

*mic drop*

We'll see some of Zahn's writing in Episode 9 but its just going to be fan service to pump nerds on the forum up.

I didn't see SOLO and haven't paid money for TLJ.

• 3Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Personally at this point. Cancel episode IX, let TLJ be the ending to the series, and then sit on it for a couple years and then start over way into the future with a whole new story line involving the force with new characters and what not. Someone else mirrored my sentiments. I actually liked (loved even) TFA. However, most of it's legs were dependent on how everything they set up played out, because of the fact that the foundation was A New Hope reskinned. I liked Rey's character. I liked Finn. I liked Poe. All of them were great with the exception of Kylo being an annoying twat.

I was excited to see who Rey really was, and how she fit into all of this. I wanted to see Finn develop into a hybrid of Lando and Han. I wanted to see Poe be the grounding elder to both of them. I was hoping that whole "Knights of Ren" and Snoke would take a different form since the military aspect of the new order was basically destroyed. Also I really wanted to see what Luke actually did that he felt he fucked over the entire galaxy, and what actually happened between him and Kylo. But nope at every turn TLJ basically disregarded where the story actually left off and went bonkers. And outside of just up and saying "Just kidding, TLJ was a fever dream" and starting all the way over with a new episode 8, there is no salvaging the mess Johansan and Kennedy left.

I just don't see how they recoup their investement into even making an episode IX. Even if it's packed to the brim with fan service with absolutely no bearing to the actual story. I just don't.
TFA was ANH with a less likable cast and a Mary Sue lead. No thanks to another fan service clone film.

Gonna echo the idea of retconning 8 and veering off in a different direction or fast forwarding a few centuries and starting over.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can't really use the Zahn Thrawn trilogy stuff just b/c it had been way too long for the main actors since the OT. It was supposed to be set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. If it had been only like 15 years real time for the actors, could still have pulled it off but just really couldn't see those books working with how old the main cast would have been.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can't really use the Zahn Thrawn trilogy stuff just b/c it had been way too long for the main actors since the OT. It was supposed to be set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. If it had been only like 15 years real time for the actors, could still have pulled it off but just really couldn't see those books working with how old the main cast would have been.
I would rather have had new actors playing the old characters than the old actors playing new characters...

• 4Like