Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
this is all rumor being passed around by youtube nerds, but the word on the street is Luke's death will be retconned and Leia will have a big role in ep9. i dunno if thats true, but i aggree some heavy retconning will need to take place for this story to continue. there was nothing left to work with at the end of TLJ

Start of episode 9 Luke wakes up to flashbacks of episode 7-8 mutters to himself “that was one weird ass dream” then he goes and drinks alien titty milk on his hobo island.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
You know if Disney really wanted to cash in on this franchise and get some free fucking $$$$. They would remake episodes 4-6 in old style animation and just have their characters reprise the roles of the cast.

Micky Mouse - Luke Skywalker
Donald Duck - Han Solo
Goofy - Darth Vader

Keep the movies scene for scene line for line the same as the originals market them towards kids. Get phat stacks of loot.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
You're assuming that Disney isn't going to ass pull a second resistance even more well equipped than the first. Complete with scores of new characters never before seen with no development or backstory.

Wouldn't this make sense following the story of The Force Awakens? Not that it is good story telling, but that it would make sense, mind you.

The Resistance existed in TFA because the Republic thought The First Order was a joke, right? Then they got blowed the fuck up by the Death Planet. The Last Jedi takes place basically right after TFA, if I remember correctly? So if the galaxy is going to rally against the First Order, it would take time to rally ships from all corners. Assuming some kind of time jump leading into Ep 9, it wouldn't hard to believe that more ships and people have rallied to a new fleet to prevent the New Republic from crumbling.

This is probably the story that should have been told in 8, but still, since 8 had a minimal time jump, 9 could tell this story.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think we're ready for an Empire win. Maybe not for this movie. But they could introduce Thrawn, a Star Wars Movie, and have him win. Worked for big purple, now big blue.

They need Thrawn to come in as a wildcard, with his full fleet, and pummel the First Order into submission-- or outright destroy them.

That's what the fans want to see.

A real antihero and more complexity to light and dark.

Different shades of evil. Internal strife.

Hopefully JJ had the same thing in mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They need Thrawn to come in as a wildcard, with his full fleet, and pummel the First Order into submission-- or outright destroy them.

That's what the fans want to see.

A real antihero and more complexity to light and dark.

Different shades of evil. Internal strife.

Hopefully JJ had the same thing in mind.

I would say that your idea would be the one that brings me back around to Star Wars but it is so far gone that not even a Thrawn-centic episode 9 would make me go see it in theaters.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would say that your idea would be the one that brings me back around to Star Wars but it is so far gone that not even a Thrawn-centic episode 9 would make me go see it in theaters.

I'd just be too worried they'd fuck up Thrawn majorly. I'm not sure how he could fit well into it now b/c of how dogshit the lead up would have been.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope Disney taking ownership of Fox on Monday means we get an original theatrical trilogy release on Blu-Ray or UHD.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope Disney taking ownership of Fox on Monday means we get an original theatrical trilogy release on Blu-Ray or UHD.
QFT. I forgot about it not happening and bought the "original trilogy" last year or the year before. Nowhere. not anywhere on the box or anywhere does it say special edition added scenes. but multiple places it says original.
fucking liars. should be illegal.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
There's been some fantastic fan edits for the originals but man would I love to see legit theatrical cut blu-rays

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
You're assuming that Disney isn't going to ass pull a second resistance even more well equipped than the first. Complete with scores of new characters never before seen with no development or backstory.

Lando and his his powerful Bespin Bros army

• 1Worf

Crimson

Peasant
"Lupita Nyong'o"

Seriously?
The diversity hires literally sound like bad SW characters themselves.

• 3Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, he's straight, he just wanted to fuck his effiminate Droid...
i think his droid wanted to fuck him and he was alright with that, the question should have been in what manner was that going to happen? i bet Billy Dee never watched Solo or they just paid him enough to not care that his character is now a space sex weirdo.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Pretty sure Kathleen Kennedy said a couple years ago that they wouldn't distribute the original theatrical release per Lucas' wishes.

• 2Barf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Start of episode 9 Luke wakes up to flashbacks of episode 7-8 mutters to himself “that was one weird ass dream” then he goes and drinks alien titty milk on his hobo island.
That alien milk scene is simultaneously one of the best and worst scenes in star wars.

Luke is crack addict rickety-cricket.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
Does that mean we will only ever get the new CGI updated versions?
Yeah. To get an older theatrical cut I'm pretty sure your have to bootleg it. Lucas added scenes and that's that. The reception wasn't great even when he did it.

• 1Like