Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Don't think the pressure isn't going to be on. Disney let a bunch of people into their Galaxy's Edge lands recently and the reports were crazy. People didn't want to leave and said it would absolutely blow minds. Openings are May (Disneyland) and August (Disney World) so there's no chance they're going to throw a bucket of water on that momentum. Their investment level is crazy, especially when you consider the streaming service shows coming, so I wouldn't expect a savior level movie with episode IX but I am expecting something safe and feel we may get that fan service I've been hoping for.

If Disney knows anything it's how to make money. It's very seldom they tick off too many people for very long. It's still the most visited place on planet earth and the most lucrative name in movies to date. I'm not saying Disney doesn't fall flat sometimes, there are even bad (or below the norm) Pixar movies but I do think they'll try to make IX as fan accepting as possible. I just hope after IX is released they give Kennedy an out to leave gracefully. I don't see Disney outright firing someone like her but I would persaude her to move on. She's obviously out of touch and it appears that Disney has some fairly long-term plans for the franchise and with the new parks, you got to create something makes people want to come and buy.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would be very surprised if KK is still calling the shots at Lucasfilm. she still may have the title, but i bet Abrams answers to Iger and KK has to clear everything with him as well.

• 3Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If Star Wars doesn't have a trailer or sneak peak... whatever in End Game we know they are officially ashamed of what they've done. I can't believe they haven't been hyping up something to give the fans some confidence this is all going to be "ok".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Star Wars doesn't have a trailer or sneak peak... whatever in End Game we know they are officially ashamed of what they've done. I can't believe they haven't been hyping up something to give the fans some confidence this is all going to be "ok".
i dont think its shame, i think they are legit not done shooting the scenes that they want to put in the trailer. i dont expect a trailer til at least mid summer. the teaser we might see on Endgame, but i wouldnt be surprised if there is none. keep in mind, this franchise has been in freefall since Solo flopped and that was in June of last year. if they had an ep9 script before then, i expect that to have been scrapped and a new one with retcons and more fanservice to get people back into the SW fold. that shit takes time. this film will be lucky to get out of post-production before november.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They'll be showing something at SW Celebration, which is before Endgame comes out. It's been fairly common knowledge the last 2 months that they wouldn't be showing anything until then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we're ready for an Empire win. Maybe not for this movie. But they could introduce Thrawn, a Star Wars Movie, and have him win. Worked for big purple, now big blue.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think we're ready for an Empire win. Maybe not for this movie. But they could introduce Thrawn, a Star Wars Movie, and have him win. Worked for big purple, now big blue.
the Empire already won. they destroyed the only trace of resistance remaining in RLJ. apparently they never lost power in the 30 years since RoJ. The Empire is a vast body with outposts in every nook and cranny of the galaxy. the loss of a Vader or even a Palpatine. are just bumps in the road to the infinite resources of The Empire. even if Ma-Rey Sue kills Vader Jr in the next movie. they really only did The Empire a favor by getting rid of someone hurting their bottom line.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're assuming that Disney isn't going to ass pull a second resistance even more well equipped than the first. Complete with scores of new characters never before seen with no development or backstory.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
the Empire already won. they destroyed the only trace of resistance remaining in RLJ. apparently they never lost power in the 30 years since RoJ. The Empire is a vast body with outposts in every nook and cranny of the galaxy. the loss of a Vader or even a Palpatine. are just bumps in the road to the infinite resources of The Empire. even if Ma-Rey Sue kills Vader Jr in the next movie. they really only did The Empire a favor by getting rid of someone hurting their bottom line.

The First Order isn't the Empire, just an offshoot. The Empire got their shit pushed in by the Rebellion after the end of ROTJ and splintered into factions of which The First Order was the winning side. Might still be other factions out there in the rim.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're assuming that Disney isn't going to ass pull a second resistance even more well equipped than the first. Complete with scores of new characters never before seen with no development or backstory.
maybe, except in TLJ they tried to contact their remaining network and got no responses. that insinuates there isnt anyone left. if there is a second wave, it wont be anyone known to have existed previously.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's just all so dumb.

The way they save this franchise is with a tight story, limited cgi, and a small cast.

Not one of those three things will happen. Poe is gonna prank call Lord Skokie and ask him if his refrigerator is run ning. Then we'll get a 30 minute sequence on a world ravaged by global warming that has nothing to do with the plot.

Oh, and everyone's pansexual. Because star wars has always been about the fucking.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The First Order isn't the Empire, just an offshoot. The Empire got their shit pushed in by the Rebellion after the end of ROTJ and splintered into factions of which The First Order was the winning side. Might still be other factions out there in the rim.
a rose by any other name...
Sorry, i was using Empire as an entity of evil not as a corporate name. "the Empire" in the way i meant is pretty much unstoppable by a puny band of rebels. Vader and Palpy got their shit pushed in, but they're only just servants of The Dark Side which will keep spawning Empires and First Orders while the "Rebels and "Resistances " get weaker and more pathetic.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
a rose by any other name...
Sorry, i was using Empire as an entity of evil not as a corporate name. "the Empire" in the way i meant is pretty much unstoppable by a puny band of rebels. Vader and Palpy got their shit pushed in, but they're only just servants of The Dark Side which will keep spawning Empires and First Orders while the "Rebels and "Resistances " get weaker and more pathetic.

The exact same logic you're using can be used in reverse for the resistance. And before you say that they're destroyed, I'm using resistance as an entity of hope and good not a corporate name.

Any sort of assumptions of what is going to happen based on established universe stuff is pointless as they've shown they're willing to toss it out of the window and just retcon as needed. There will be a resistance vs empire/first order/Jar-Jar Legions as long as Disney wants to keep doing "DO YOU REMEMBER THE RESISTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The exact same logic you're using can be used in reverse for the resistance. And before you say that they're destroyed, I'm using resistance as an entity of hope and good not a corporate name.

Any sort of assumptions of what is going to happen based on established universe stuff is pointless as they've shown they're willing to toss it out of the window and just retcon as needed. There will be a resistance vs empire/first order/Jar-Jar Legions as long as Disney wants to keep doing "DO YOU REMEMBER THE RESISTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?"
i'm just going by what a huge organization the Rebels were in ANH to this larpfest we are left with at the end of TLJ.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i'm just going by what a huge organization the Rebels were in ANH to this larpfest we are left with at the end of TLJ.

I know what you're trying to say, but calling TFO The Empire is confusing and wrong. Also keep in mind that the rebels in ANH are not the same rebellion as we got in TFA/TLJ. Mostly the same people, but it's a different movement (like TLO vs Empire) If you haven't read up on the shit that happened inbetween ROTJ and TFA, then it's worth taking a look because the movies don't really say much about it.

If they want another set of rebels, they're going to write another set of rebels in. Maybe they'll bother naming it something else this time.

iannis

Musty Nester
No one responded to Leia because they were all in hyperwarp on the way already and comms don't work in hyperwarp. But they got there a week too late, because hyperwarp takes time.

Calling it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No one responded to Leia because they were all in hyperwarp on the way already and comms don't work in hyperwarp. But they got there a week too late, because hyperwarp takes time.

Calling it.
why wouldn they respond at all though? the whole movie they were calling for help and nobody responded.
I know what you're trying to say, but calling TFO The Empire is confusing and wrong. Also keep in mind that the rebels in ANH are not the same rebellion as we got in TFA/TLJ. Mostly the same people, but it's a different movement (like TLO vs Empire) If you haven't read up on the shit that happened inbetween ROTJ and TFA, then it's worth taking a look because the movies don't really say much about it.

If they want another set of rebels, they're going to write another set of rebels in. Maybe they'll bother naming it something else this time.
i shouldnt have to read up on stuff that should have been explained in the movie. we all know they will bring more rebels in the next movie, they are retconning a lot of things. but going by whats canon right now. there isnt anything.

• 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
You're overthinking it!

Space travel in star wars is also ambiguous, sometimes instantaneous sometimes it takes a week. In the movies, I know the thrawn books dealt with it better. And comms work in hyperspace. But they've got to do something the hole is so deep.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what the Solo trilogy is for

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just all so dumb.

The way they save this franchise is with a tight story, limited cgi, and a small cast.

Not one of those three things will happen. Poe is gonna prank call Lord Skokie and ask him if his refrigerator is run ning. Then we'll get a 30 minute sequence on a world ravaged by global warming that has nothing to do with the plot.

Oh, and everyone's pansexual. Because star wars has always been about the fucking.
there's still a chance for mistakes, but the prank call one i think is too obviously wrong to do again.

• 1Like