Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has Adam Driver ever done any work that wasn't awful? Yes, I know how to read imdb.com, but I don't recognize any of those B movies at all.

shameless pissing girl - MOTHERLESS.COM

Anyone happen to know what this is from?

Ah excuse me, are you discounting or dismissing someones body of work in general while making reference to a certain Disney production?

*narrowly dives out of the way*

Watch out here comes Royal.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Looking back it's pretty awesome how Ian McDiarmid "aged" perfectly into his role so to speak, with him being the right age/look for Palpatine prior to becoming Emperor in the prequels. Him and Ewan McGregor were pretty much the only consistent highlights of the prequels.

Make sure to check out Britannia, the SKY/Amazon co-produced series set in 43 AD and covering the Roman invasion of Celtic Britain. While the overall presentation is moderate at best, Ian McDiarmid as an aged pissed off king is worth it alone.

(Full disclosure -- Emperor Palpatine is my favorite Star Wars character...I've always found his arc the most dramatically coherent)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has Adam Driver ever done any work that wasn't awful? Yes, I know how to read imdb.com, but I don't recognize any of those B movies at all.
Keep in mind the prequels had such awful writing that they made Natalie Portman look like a moron (3 time Oscar nominee and 1 time winner).

Rian Johnson fucked up any chance of Driver not looking like a dipshit in his movies.

A bad script will crush any actor.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes but that face will crush any chance of portraying a serious villain, so this began with J.J. having Kylo take his mask off, actually.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
HD available in the usual places.

Just watched it....

Man this was rough. Fucking lol at the all powerful mysterious snokes getting fucking sniped by a emo newb who is I guess now the main evil emo badass? Jesus titty fucking christ.

Honestly, even through the prequels are garbage, they'd be more fun and more worth a rewatch at this point. This is some sad shit.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This shit way much worse then i was planning on. I agree with those saying they would rather watch the prequels then this pile

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there is a way to edit this movie and get something decently watchable out of it. But it would probably be about 45 minutes long.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think there is a way to edit this movie and get something decently watchable out of it. But it would probably be about 45 minutes long.

You'd have to remove the entire Speed chase which was well over half the movie. I'm just going to get more irritated going over all of the plot holes that branch off of that whole stupid setup.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
This shit way much worse then i was planning on. I agree with those saying they would rather watch the prequels then this pile
r/pequelmemes has made the prequels infinitely more watchable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
so shitty, i want my ratio back. I had more fun reading "who is snoke posts" before it came out. What an anti climax he was.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watching it is your first problem. Occasionally I get a whiff of the DVD while scrolling on Instagram due to the auto-play mechanics there. I make sure to leave a nice little comment for every clip the ad bosses feed me-- literally their loss.

They've fed me about 3-4 ad postings this week, about 1x per day, alternating between that and Tomb Raider. Pretty aggressive campaign. The comment section is quite delectable.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On that note, time to drop another heat rock. This one is quite hot. Here is Luke losing his composure on the Oscar's red carpet recently.

It's Mark Hammil's sarcasm and a way to blow off a Disney douchebag, except, he's irate. Watch his eyes at the end. Flaming red.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
On that note, time to drop another heat rock. This one is quite hot. Here is Luke losing his composure on the Oscar's red carpet recently.

It's Mark Hammil's sarcasm and a way to blow off a Disney douchebag, except, he's irate. Watch his eyes at the end. Flaming red.

Can you blame him, I mean they basically shit on the character that defined his career for almost his entire life.