Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
funny-Volkswagen-AT-AT-Walker.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure it does.

Just look at the walkers in question over the course of the movies (chronologically). The ones in Rogue One which were more of an armored transport could be brought down with concentrated fire from a relatively small hand operated canon. By the time of ESB the armor had improved enough that canon fire from a speeder couldn't scratch them. In TFA the head had been replaced completely with a canon, though we didn't see those in action. We haven't seen the new ones in action yet either and they may even be a older iteration since they have both the head and the single large canon. The basics of the platform haven't changed overly much that we know of but it's had adjustments made to it.

And like Iannis said when the look of the vehicles and weapons have shifted around a lot in short order it hasn't exactly been well received but rather identified as part of a larger problem. It seems to be that the proper balance of old vs. new is proving to be an extremely tricky one to find, if it exists at all.
This was discussed before, there's lore/explanations for ESB. The Hoth speeders were transports with no weapons originally, they modified them with some crappy spares laying around which sucked against more armored vehicles/ships.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You can assume Hoth had no TIE support for the AT-ATs for the same reason and were likely surprised by the rigged up speeders. It almost makes hiding on Hoth look like a good plan.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It almost makes hiding on Hoth look like a good plan.
It was a brilliant plan, till Han 'shoot first' Solo stumbled upon the probe. Lando was working with the rebels the whole time. The carbon freeze 'test' was a punishment for giving up the base location. That was also plan B. Plan A was to kill the Falcons hyperdrive so they could be rid of him for good getting dusted by a Star Destroyer. But with Leia on board, and her developing feelings, rebel command opted for punishment over death.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Would explain Leia's awful acting job when she transitions from "YIPEE!" to "you suck, they let us get away" all in one conversation

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
For the record I was channeling my inner wooly.

Saw a video today that showed a load screen for the new SW game. In the corner was a picture that might add to a Rey theory

the load screen shows Obi Wan's lightsaber and it's labeled "Rey's lightsaber" previous screens with her Force Awakens costume have the Skywalker saber shown.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After having her lug around that big techy-looking staff in TFA I was really hoping that Rey would be a dual-saber / light-staff wielder ala Maul / Satele Shan. Possibly also having her be more of a Jedi Consular than a Jedi Knight... but ah well.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Saw a video today that showed a load screen for the new SW game. In the corner was a picture that might add to a Rey theory

the load screen shows Obi Wan's lightsaber and it's labeled "Rey's lightsaber" previous screens with her Force Awakens costume have the Skywalker saber shown.

Placeholder graphic.

Royal

Colin Trevorrow's Book of Henry is getting raked over the coals in early reviews.

Some brows over at Lucasfilm are probably starting to bead up with sweat.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
/tv/ - The Last Jedi AMA or spoilers - Television & Film - 4chan

Take with a grain of salt.

Supposedly a disgruntled marketing employee who was fired took to 4chan to reveal some plot spoilers.

- Ray is a reincarnation of the first force user similar to Anakin.

- Ray meets Yoda's force ghost on the Jedi island as part of her training.

- Luke tells her there is a creature consumed with hate she must defeat as part of her training. She finds and battles the creature only to reveal itself as Anakin's force ghost & helps her.

- Kylo Ren spends most of the film with Snoke and eventually leaves to retrace Vader's steps in order to find his force ghost.

- Finn wakes up on a resistance ship and his whole plot line revolves around finding out Snoke's true identity. Eventually it brings him to Snokes home planet and discovers his 'crypt'. Snoke has apparently switched bodies many times.

- Ren's search and force sense eventually brings him to the Jedi home planet where he fights Ray but this time he defeats her.

- Luke is able to persuade Ren back to the light side, Ren and Ray leave the planet together to kill Snoke.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Han dying wasn't a plot point, it was Ford exiting the series. If you think of it in that context and ignore it then yeah you can make up anything and have it work.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

That sounds like a collection of random theories/rumors/"leaks" that have been floating around for a while now. When someone lays claim to a background (in this case disgruntled former employee) and then tries to pass off a bunch of old stuff, half of it originally from now discredited sources itself, as inside info there's usually nothing to see.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
That sounds like a collection of random theories/rumors/"leaks" that have been floating around for a while now. When someone lays claim to a background (in this case disgruntled former employee) and then tries to pass off a bunch of old stuff, half of it originally from now discredited sources itself, as inside info there's usually nothing to see.

True. And that said, I'd still be ok with that movie.

Royal

True. And that said, I'd still be ok with that movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of it or something close to some of it ends up being in TLJ (Rey encountering Yoda's force ghost for example, she's already heard his voice in her vision) but I'm not buying that this is a former employee giving all these old rumors and theories new validity.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
After having her lug around that big techy-looking staff in TFA I was really hoping that Rey would be a dual-saber / light-staff wielder ala Maul / Satele Shan. Possibly also having her be more of a Jedi Consular than a Jedi Knight... but ah well.
I was hoping for a halberd/spear type lightsaber

• 1Solidarity

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I remember following the forums at the official starwars.com site when the prequel trilogy was being made. There were posts speculating about what the last movie was gonna be like, boring speculation and fan theories mostly, but sometimes you'd get the retarded 12 year olds saying "i've heard they're gonna XYZ". The most retarded and random 12 year old post was about "When Anakin goes darkside, he goes to the jedi temple and starts chopping up the YOUNGLINGS to prove himself to the darkside! OMG HE'S GONNA CHOP UP THE YOUNGLINGS ITS GONNA BE BRUTAL!" and a couple other 12 year old retards replied "OMG HE'S TOTALLY GONNA KILL THE YOUNGLINGS! SO HARDCORE! SO DARK!" and a psudo-adult saying " sounds like George Lucas is really going through with this whole "darker film" thing, good, I cant wait to see this movie" Something just felt off about it though, like a knot in my stomach. It felt fake, like it was too perfectly stupid and /rolleyes for a normal fan to just pull out of their ass. It felt like maybe George Lucas was pretending to be a 12 year old retard on the forum and reply to his own posts with other fake user names to fluff up his own script. Sure enough a few years later ROTS comes out and...welp.

I hadn't had that sensation with any of the stupid leaks and fan theories on ep8 until I read that one about Rey asking Luke "Are you my father?" and Luke replies "No... you're MY father!" and she ends up being Anakin reincarnated. It's just too perfectly stupid of a 12 year old retard idea to come out of nowhere like that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users