Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
X-Wing.jpg

Royal

I'm not sure that it's a finished image. In fact it looks like it could almost be concept art.

That's one thing Rogue One did well though; making the CG ships look like models.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
R1 space battle scenes were epic.

What we need more of is some lightsaber action in this movie. Luke better wash at LEAST 3 dudes on screen or I'm gonna reeeeeeeeee.

If he just talks the whole movie and dies like Obi Wan did .....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Not to throw cold water on your hope but there are zero rumors or evidence right now just a few months from release that Luke even lights up a saber. That doesn't mean he won't. LFL has gotten incredibly good at keeping what they want to remain unknown close to their vest since TFA.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
My guess is that he will not do any swashbuckling. He's an elder Jedi now, the story will want him solemn. Ray is the dashing one. Shell buckle swash. Member, these movies aren't for the older fans at the core of them. Young hero. Wise elder. Torch passing.

Also they will want to continue to distance themselves from the prequels. Cheesy ass lightsaber battles ain't in the cards, so much.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sulrn

Deuces
R1 space battle scenes were epic.

What we need more of is some lightsaber action in this movie. Luke better wash at LEAST 3 dudes on screen or I'm gonna reeeeeeeeee.

If he just talks the whole movie and dies like Obi Wan did .....

Last Mark Hamil interview I saw made it sound like he's almost non-existent. He's around long enough to pass the torch and then hes done.

Mark Hamil said:
"...and I get that. It's not about me, or Harrison, Carrie. It's about the new kids taking the torch and you know what - I support that. We had our spotlight. I just wish we got to see all the cool stuff Luke did in all that time away."

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As long as its on par with ESB, they could string Chewie up and lynch him off a tree with a fork up his ass. it shouldn't matter what Luke's role is if its on par with ESB.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Royal

I would expect to see about as much of Luke in this one as we got of Han in TFA. Each of the old big three were going to take turns being the most prominent of that group for the sequel trilogy and TLJ is Luke's time. While Hamill has publicly undersold his role Rian Johnson has been pretty clear that there is a lot of Luke in his movie.

Part of Colin Trevorrow's undoing was Fisher's death knocked a big hole in his story and he was never able to come up with anything else to KK's liking which prompted her to bring in another writer.

Royal

With Ron Howard promising that his brother Clint would indeed show up in the Solo movie I guess Rian Johnson decided to bring in regular of his own for TLJ; Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be doing the voice for an alien character.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rumor is that JJ passed on Star Trek yet again to come back and direct IX. This marks 2 times now that JJ passed on Star Trek for Star Wars.

Its a behind-closed-doors Weinstein rumor. Quentin Tarantino in talks to direct next Star Trek as a result of JJ being out. Unlikely Tarantino does end up with the next Star Trek, but interesting nonetheless.

• 1Like

Royal

Well that shouldn't be a surprise. Abrams has a standing development deal with Paramount that runs through 2018. A Star Trek movie is probably there for the taking whenever he wants to make one. And Paramount would really have liked to have him actually direct a movie for them again before that deal runs out.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be pretty happy if Star Wars keeps captain Lens Flare away from Star Trek permanently.

• 1Worf

Royal

Several days ago Mark Hamill threw some grist into the rumor mill via twitter that fans should tune into Monday Night Football on Oct. 9th "for no particular reason." A tweet that he then deleted a few hours later. But unofficial confirmations are starting to make that rounds that the next trailer will indeed drop during the game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Luke confirms no action role in Episode 8. As Royal mentioned earlier, no surprise here.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Below Luke talks role itself, spoils storyline...?

(Do not click if you are super anal and want to go into this completely blind. If you watch every single Hamil interview about Episode 8 the whole thing is eventually spoiled. He is the biggest spoiler of a AAA franchise I've ever seen and I'd guess it comes from a place of bitterness and he is doing it at official Disney/Star Wars/Lucas Film events. I have other footage I won't be linking just yet.)

Royal

Luke confirms no action role in Episode 8. As Royal mentioned earlier, no surprise here.

I was addressing his use of a lightsaber specifically not his involvement in action sequences in general. Because there are accounts out there to suggest that he is involved in such scenes, just not with the ol' green.