Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Movie trailers have stuff not in the movie all the time. Is that a comparison screenshot of that same scene in the game or something, with the watermarks? Because that would be new. Normally MIA scenes in trailers have some reasoning but are still sourced from filming obviously.

That's what I'm talking about. The vid isn't the best quality but it sure looks like the exact same shot to me, minus the watermarks. You would think that is a shot from the attack on Crait. There's plenty of white on the ground but the soil isn't red. It looks like they dropped BF2 footage into the trailer. It's probably a fake spot though.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Rey said in that trailer she sees light and darkness. I HOPE that's an indication of her being a grey jedi.

I'm guessing after what Luke found in the first Jedi temple he came to the realization the only true way of the force is to become a Grey jedi. A balance of light and dark. There's too much limitations of being a Jedi or Sith and with being Grey you have the best of both worlds. I could be wrong but I'll find out in less than a month.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would be cool with Snoke taking over Rey’s body and the next movie being Kylo and Luke trying to save her. Not my favorite result but I could deal.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The hype is gettin big and I don't plan on managing my expectations. Let's rock!

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Rey said in that trailer she sees light and darkness. I HOPE that's an indication of her being a grey jedi.

I'm guessing after what Luke found in the first Jedi temple he came to the realization the only true way of the force is to become a Grey jedi. A balance of light and dark. There's too much limitations of being a Jedi or Sith and with being Grey you have the best of both worlds. I could be wrong but I'll find out in less than a month.

I think it's all about balance too in the sense that the Force is an entity. As much focus as is put on one side (The Light) will cause a reaction in the opposite side (The Dark) to try and match it. That's why 1000's of Jedi's basically were undone by 2 Sith because those 2 Sith had the same or relatively same amount of power.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still hoping we can somehow get a Smokin' Aces-esque Bounty Hunter movie outta this universe especially if the Fett movie does well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
i have this weird feeling Rey will be the one to kill Luke, and snoke knows that, hence her destiny... Maybe he forsaw some female force user being the one who does it hence his interest in her...

Nola

Trakanon Raider
i have this weird feeling Rey will be the one to kill Luke, and snoke knows that, hence her destiny... Maybe he forsaw some female force user being the one who does it hence his interest in her...
Man I really hope it's not intentional. Hopefully it's one of one of those moments you must die in order to save many more. I think Luke will die saving Rey from Snoke. Theories has Snoke being an ancient force using vampire who needs force users to regenerate himself. I read that Luke is very apprehensive in training Rey. I'm thinking if Luke trains her she may turn evil and try to take over the galaxy like the Emperor. Apprently she is a very POWERFUL force user. This leads my idea that she may be of Palpatine descent. In the first trailer Luke says he only saw this raw strength once before. Maybe he was referring to that time when Palatine was frying him and then he fried his father mortally wounding him. I can't see her as a Skywalker. Maybe a manifestation of the force leading her to be a grey jedi? Shit I don't know. But apparently she is the chosen one and maybe the ancient jedi text was interpreted incorrectly and Anakin was not him. Maybe the chosen one has to be a grey jedi to bring true balance to the force.

• 1Picard

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I would guess Luke dies saving Kylo, which causes his redemption, then he dies saving Rey...

• 1Barf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rey dated a black man, who ran off and is with an asian woman, so now she's going to become more powerful than you can possibly imagine and rule the galaxy.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Still hoping we can somehow get a Smokin' Aces-esque Bounty Hunter movie outta this universe especially if the Fett movie does well.

The last rumblings to come out about the possible Fett movie was that it was going to be a rogues gallery bounty hunter movie with Fett as a key character. I don't think you'll get your Smokin' Aces flavor though.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
DPAyiKZXUAAm2eS.jpg

Royal

I really hope this isn't a major plot point lol.

I don't know how consistent Laura Dern's character will be with how she was depicted in the Leia novel but she was very eccentric in that. Her oddness would put some people off much the same as Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies. Getting along with her often meant just being able to look beyond her peculiar nature to understand where she was coming from or what she was trying to communicate.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Two ways to look at that shot:

"Prepare your anus"

Or she knows Kylo is back there and just doesn't give a fuck because she's already kicked his ass again, without Chewie's considerable help.

• 1Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider

Lucas would never have gone along with full-fledged grey jedis. Not sold on Disney going that route either but it has got some inventiveness.

• 1Barf