Star Wars Novels (Keep your EU shit out of here!)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When Vader taunts him that he will turn Leia

Luke kicks his ass, and cuts off his hand. Emperor is like “good: your hate has made you powerful!” I always took it to mean Luke was drifting into dark side territory
Meh. In the same way obi Wan did when he cleaved maul in two. I don't think that's enough for the kind of power boost he'd need to surpass Vader. Vader was taking it easy on him trying to turn him.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Book Luke at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong series was orders of magnitude more powerful than Vader or the Emperor.
I was trying to remember how powerful he got. What did he do? Those books sort of focused more on Hans kids. I think they were all more powerful than him.

Anakin transfigured in much the same way Luke did in the movies. And he could time travel. Book Luke couldn't do anything like that.

Jacen balanced the entire force by himself.

Jaina went ham on everyone and everything.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm (sadly) almost finished with the Republic Commando book series by Karen Traviss and it's very enjoyable.

The first book is what I expected from a series named like that but then it goes into an unexpected direction and gets even better.

I highly recommend them.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
more interested in the stuff involving hyperspace lanes and how they were using them then, and the rumored unsettled outer rim wild west type setting. I was actually fairly put off by the character descriptions but I'll give them a chance.

Have you read the high republic books yet? I didn't know what you were talking about back in 2020 but I think they're doing it in this book. The Republic has one way to travel through Hyperspace and the nihil have another. I assume that the republic will start using the nihil way because it's closer to what I thought they always were doing. I am only though Light of the Jedi so far.

Come to think of it, you might have also been talking about the chiss and how they used hyperspace in the Thrawn books.

I'm surprised the High Republic books are only 232 BBY. I assumed they would be at least a thousand years earlier. But then they kept talking about Yoda and was fucking me up. At any rate, I'm liking them better than some of the other new-canon books of late.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Have you read the high republic books yet? I didn't know what you were talking about back in 2020 but I think they're doing it in this book. The Republic has one way to travel through Hyperspace and the nihil have another. I assume that the republic will start using the nihil way because it's closer to what I thought they always were doing. I am only though Light of the Jedi so far.

Come to think of it, you might have also been talking about the chiss and how they used hyperspace in the Thrawn books.

I'm surprised the High Republic books are only 232 BBY. I assumed they would be at least a thousand years earlier. But then they kept talking about Yoda and was fucking me up. At any rate, I'm liking them better than some of the other new-canon books of late.
Yeah I was talking about the High Republic stuff there. I read LIght of the Jedi and Into the Darkness (the second one that came out, i think thats what it was called). I liked them ok, there were a couple pretty awesome moments especially in the first one, but wasn't over the moon about them. I decided to sit it out a while and let them finish up before diving back in. Them all seem to be being received fairly well to this point.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I was trying to remember how powerful he got. What did he do? Those books sort of focused more on Hans kids. I think they were all more powerful than him.

Anakin transfigured in much the same way Luke did in the movies. And he could time travel. Book Luke couldn't do anything like that.

Jacen balanced the entire force by himself.

Jaina went ham on everyone and everything.

Haha, necro'ing this because I never saw the question.

It has been more than a decade since I read the last book of that series, but I remember that Luke had been very absent the entire series (like you said).

He hadn't really fought many Vong, but then he is at the battle of Courscant and he has no trouble fucking them all up unlike every other Jedi in the series. He is so in tune with the Force that the Vong aren't invisible to him, they are simply negative spaces of life instead of positive like every other living thing. He rips them up and really doesn't have any trouble with their leaders either. I just remember being very satisfied that when Luke decided to enter the battle l it wasn't even close anymore.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Haha, necro'ing this because I never saw the question.

It has been more than a decade since I read the last book of that series, but I remember that Luke had been very absent the entire series (like you said).

He hadn't really fought many Vong, but then he is at the battle of Courscant and he has no trouble fucking them all up unlike every other Jedi in the series. He is so in tune with the Force that the Vong aren't invisible to him, they are simply negative spaces of life instead of positive like every other living thing. He rips them up and really doesn't have any trouble with their leaders either. I just remember being very satisfied that when Luke decided to enter the battle l it wasn't even close anymore.

It's been a while. That sounds like Jacen. I know he figured out how to sense them because of those crystals he found. I think he even made a lightsaber out of one. If Luke showed up and wtfpwnd them then didn't he just learn about it from jacen.

Shit, was it jason or someone else. Maybe corran horn. I seem to recall corran beat their leader in the middle of the series somewhere. Jason probably learned to fight them from vergere. But yeah, other than ending in a peace treaty, I don't really remember the ending of that story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user