Star Wars Squadrons

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rogue Squadron II was a favorite of mine. Great fucking game.

spronk

FPS noob
Star Wars Squadrons will be a first-person space dogfighting game set after the events of Return of the Jedi. The game is developed by Motive Studios and will include both single-player and multi-player campaigns. Furthermore, the game will support cross-play between PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Electronic Arts has also confirmed that the PC version will support VR from the get-go.

The publisher will release a brand new trailer for this new Star Wars game later today. Moreover, EA will release a proper gameplay trailer/video at EA Play 2020, on June 18th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Well it's safe to say they hit their diversity metrics.
whitepepo are evil
c0349fc3d7b9dac9096b03ee09685c5a.png

818604ba66a07d99fe7a38e276f31b94.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
$40, includes single player multiplayer and VR and cross play. I want to like it but its EA so 95% chance they will fuck it up badly

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
whitepepo are evil
c0349fc3d7b9dac9096b03ee09685c5a.png

818604ba66a07d99fe7a38e276f31b94.png
Lol, was just about to post this comparison. We have the rebellion looking like a United Colors of Benetton ad and the empire looking like some evil white Abercrombie models. Actually makes me want to play the game assuming I can play as the master race and blow the diversity hires out of the sky.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Sounds like the main campaign has you make two characters -- one New Republic and one Empire and you alternate missions for the two of them.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's odd that a $40 price point makes me uneasy. Don't have to pay anything for it w/ Origin Premiere, but hope we get a nice campaign and some good co-op skirmish vs AI out of it.

Looking forward to EA Play later this week to see how it plays, very interested in how it plays in VR.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's odd that a $40 price point makes me uneasy. Don't have to pay anything for it w/ Origin Premiere, but hope we get a nice campaign and some good co-op skirmish vs AI out of it.

Looking forward to EA Play later this week to see how it plays, very interested in how it plays in VR.

Yeah 1) Laughing at the diversity thing as well - was about to say the same "Whitey evil, minorities good". 2) A $39 price point could be a loss lead for heavy MTX (One would hope they learned from the BF2 debacle but it's EA) 2A) Very light on mission content and most of it is dynamic which never ends. 2C) A and B.

Seeing EA release a game at a lower price point like that reminds me of Bethesda doing the same for Wolfenstein Youngblood which quite honestly, should take second to worst game of the decade falling only to FO76.

But, I am old enough now to give up the torch and just see what the game is like on release before judgement. (God I am getting older)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah 1) Laughing at the diversity thing as well - was about to say the same "Whitey evil, minorities good". 2) A $39 price point could be a loss lead for heavy MTX (One would hope they learned from the BF2 debacle but it's EA) 2A) Very light on mission content and most of it is dynamic which never ends. 2C) A and B.

Seeing EA release a game at a lower price point like that reminds me of Bethesda doing the same for Wolfenstein Youngblood which quite honestly, should take second to worst game of the decade falling only to FO76.
Yeah if this thing is starting off with EA of all companies admitting that it's not worth the price of a full game, that should be a red flag. Unless the plan is to hook people then shove DLC down their throat, which seems pretty likely.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Since it supports VR for both PC and PS4 I'm gonna have to guess that this is just a standalone expansion/fork of Battlefront II with heavy modification.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
VR could be pretty sweet but it's EA so it'll probably suck. I'll wait for reviews.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Since it supports VR for both PC and PS4 I'm gonna have to guess that this is just a standalone expansion/fork of Battlefront II with heavy modification.

Same studio, so smart to re-use things where it makes sense. Get the point though completely.

Not sure what the plans are for BF2 if any, would be nice if there were synergies between the two where it makes sense. Unlocking characters, skins, etc between the two titles.

spronk

FPS noob
the studio claims there will be no microtransactions but who knows what instead they will put in. Megatransactions? Monthly battlepasses?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

But, I am old enough now to give up the torch and just see what the game is like on release before judgement. (God I am getting older)
39 dollar price point is where Overwatch started right? This seems aimed at that segment of the market. Though if it really has no lootboxes, who knows.

The "campaign" is probably a glorified tutorial.

The multiplayer appears to be "centered on five-versus-five multiplayer combat with the objective of destroying the opposing team's flagship, so this sounds like a space MOBA. It is set after Return of the Jedi and will also include a single-player component as well as VR support."

I'm fully expecting to play the shit out of this.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users