Stardew Valley

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Cucklefish? Skip it. If you need an explanation as to why, remember that Starbound has been in stage one of its three-stage beta program since December 2013. RELEASE NEVER EVER

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Oh my god this game is dominating me. I just played 4 hours and it felt like 20 minutes. Awesome game if you were a fan of Harvest Moon.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
This game is crack. It's also #9 on Steam right now.

I had the original Harvest Moon for SNES, so this is like a giant gooey ooze of nostalgia all over my brain.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Loved SNES Harvest Moon and have been severely disappointed by all the terrible sequels. This looks like an instant buy

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is a life ruiner for sure. I've been putting in like 8 hours every day after work because I make good adult decisions.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played like 40 minutes yesterday and can definitely see the danger :p Although it feels to me like in-game time goes a little too fast but maybe that's just because I don't know what I'm doing yet.

Cucklefish? Skip it. If you need an explanation as to why, remember that Starbound has been in stage one of its three-stage beta program since December 2013. RELEASE NEVER EVER
As a side note, Chucklefish merely are the publishers for this. It was actually developed by one guy that isn't in their employ. Important to note the difference between developers and publishers when you look at things like this.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a side note, Chucklefish merely are the publishers for this. It was actually developed by one guy that isn't in their employ. Important to note the difference between developers and publishers when you look at things like this.
Fucking Chucklefish. It figures their lies re: Starbound not only netted them enough money to buy an posh office in London to jack around in & not release shit, but to also steal a cut of more talented independent developer's work by publishing their games (Risk of Rain, now Stardew)

Stardew looks good, will still consider buying even if it gives money to the deplorable assholes at Chucklefish.

Caliane

also, yeah, getting annoyed at starbound being unfinished is fine... But saying skip an actual finished game published by them? that makes no sense.

ps. have no idea the quality of this game. have not played. but also, not seeing people complain of it being unfinished.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
also, yeah, getting annoyed at starbound being unfinished is fine... But saying skip an actual finished game published by them? that makes no sense.

ps. have no idea the quality of this game. have not played. but also, not seeing people complain of it being unfinished.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying to boycott the game. I'm lamenting that in the likely scenario I buy this game because it looks good, some portion of that sale will go to assholes I hate. Which is probably true of many, many things I buy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I played like 40 minutes yesterday and can definitely see the danger :p Although it feels to me like in-game time goes a little too fast but maybe that's just because I don't know what I'm doing yet.
It feels pretty fast/hectic at the start, but kind of turns in to the opposite down the road once you're about a year in and you'll be struggling to find things to do to fill the day and going to be at like 5pm for lack of them.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just to clarify, I'm not saying to boycott the game. I'm lamenting that in the likely scenario I buy this game because it looks good, some portion of that sale will go to assholes I hate. Which is probably true of many, many things I buy.
Maybe the developer has a Patreon? Pirate the game, donate to the dev's Patreon, victory.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never played harvest moon on the snes so these types of game are new to me. I am definitely enjoying it however the fact that one person made this is obvious as there is a lot of things to nitpick about the game that could have been addressed if the dev would have had beta testers for feedback.