Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah gonna echo the above. Mediocre game all the way through; lack of meaningful exploration in a Bethesda game probably the biggest fault. If I didn't get the deluxe edition free with my video card I probably wouldn't touch the DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
One of those rare games that gets worse in your mind the more distance you have post playing.

So true. I did my time, but once I stopped playing I forgot the game even existed and then was disappointed when it would pop up being advertised with game pass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One of those rare games that gets worse in your mind the more distance you have post playing.
Yeah, it's not often I feel worse about a game after I quit playing but I would agree here. I think part of it was getting interested in the initial hook and only learning after some time of the shallowness of certain mechanics and the bland nature of the storytelling/characters. I didn't do many quests in the beginning of my playtime because I was busy getting skills and exploring but when I started to heavily spend my time on doing quests it really sunk in how shitty most were.

I actually enjoyed a lot of the planet exploration on a visual level because I thought the proc gen was really good in terms of making interesting planets. They just gave you absolutely zero reason to keep visiting them after you've seen every point of interest. If you could do some type of settlement system like fallout, but expanded, it would have been fun and made planet exploration meaningful in some way. Instead, it was mostly worse than fallout 4. They either needed a smaller number of handmade planets or to give you a way of having some kind of meaningful sandbox gameplay with the many worlds.

It was also dumb that every single goddamn planet in the universe had abandoned facilities but then no one lives on them now, except the occasional five person settlement. Almost no sense of finding something interesting or cool because you know if you don't have a quest for it it's just going to be the same thing you've already seen.

Ship building could have been great because it had some good elements but it was really user unfriendly in many ways.

I also hated how small the world felt. Nothing ever felt epic in this game. The capital city of a large federation looked like some backwater cowboy town.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't believe that every PoI was an exact copy / paste across every planet.

I mean, every single cave you went in to had the same layout, the same note, the same computer message. Each building you went in to, exact same again with no variation.

I couldn't believe it...they didn't even try to randomize the building layouts , loot, anything.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I couldn't believe that every PoI was an exact copy / paste across every planet.

I mean, every single cave you went in to had the same layout, the same note, the same computer message. Each building you went in to, exact same again with no variation.

I couldn't believe it...they didn't even try to randomize the building layouts , loot, anything.
Yeah, like why couldn't they have randomized layouts? I too was surprised when I learned it wasn't like that. It's not like their hand crafted versions were just so iconic and amazing. I mean, go all in and make it half a rogue-like or something along those lines.

Cybsled

It’s not surprising - Fallout had a lot of copy-paste interiors as well for random POI