Stargate: Origins

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Stargate Origins

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-02-15

Cast: Ellie Gall, Connor Trinneer

Overview: Follow Catherine Langford, the young woman who witnessed her father uncover the Stargate in Giza in 1928, as she embarks on an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
woDNw7wSgfrrw0luIiHSUzANyoV.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Stargate: Origins[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-12-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Follow Catherine Langford, the young woman who witnessed her father uncover the Stargate in Giza in 1928, as she embarks on an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

At the San Diego Comic con its been announced a new Stargate mini show will go into production, called Stargate Origins.

Set in 1928 it will focus on the story of Katherine Langford, the old lady in the stargate movie and early SG1 whose father discovered the gate buried in ancient Egypt.

I don't think she ever actually used the stargate so its gonna be... uh... weird.

Oh, its also apparently just 10 episodes, 10 minutes each. what the fuck :(

DFOQ_aSUIAAXFfj.jpg:large

spronk

FPS noob
MGM Announces New Original Series Stargate Origins » GateWorld
The long night is nearly over, as MGM has announced today that it plans to re-open the Stargate with a new original, live-action series.

Stargate Origins will help to launch the studio’s new digital platform and fan experience, suitably called “Stargate Command.” The subscription service will be the show’s exclusive home, as well as providing fans with additional content, developed for streaming to any device — television, phone, tablet, etc.

First, the show itself: Stargate Origins is a 10-episode digital series, which will explore the untold backstory of Catherine Langford — who first appeared in the 1994 feature film and then in Stargate SG-1‘s first season. “Young Catherine embarks on an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

• 1Barf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
MGM Announces New Original Series Stargate Origins » GateWorld
The long night is nearly over, as MGM has announced today that it plans to re-open the Stargate with a new original, live-action series.

Stargate Origins will help to launch the studio’s new digital platform and fan experience, suitably called “Stargate Command.” The subscription service will be the show’s exclusive home, as well as providing fans with additional content, developed for streaming to any device — television, phone, tablet, etc.

First, the show itself: Stargate Origins is a 10-episode digital series, which will explore the untold backstory of Catherine Langford — who first appeared in the 1994 feature film and then in Stargate SG-1‘s first season. “Young Catherine embarks on an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

sounds like a lot of effort to watch a show.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah SG:U started to find it's footing in the second season, once they stopped trying to clone BSG and went with a more cosmic mystery/horror vibe. And to be fair, it's a pretty fucking rare sci-fi series that doesn't suck for at least it's first one or two seasons. It could easily have been a solid show if they'd kept going in that direction, but it was cancelled :(

Anyway the new show... plot concept sounds shit, distribution method sounds shit, but I have a giant boner for Stargate, so I'll probably watch it anyway.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going with intent to reboot the entire universe/movies/shows. MGM has been stingy this decade, and aren't they coming out of bankruptcy?

Warner Bros Pictures (who acquired the rights to the property in their purchase of the MGM library

Who Owns Stargate?

Makes more sense now. Its Warner Bros. MGM did go under and is just a label now. But who the fuck owns SG-1 and the television rights?

Looks like a mess, even from MGM's side with this Stargate movie entering development hell. The fact Warner was pushing this Stargate reboot movie is bizarre to me considering the SG-1 fans would be opposed to Warner taking this action and do everything they can to tank ticket sales? From what I understand, SG-1 isn't just a seperate set of fans its also another studio who produced the SG-1 series against the wishes of the creators/producers of Stargate. The disdain both sides have for each other, as well as the licensing beef, are the reason Warner dumped the reboot movie trilogy, and they are now giving us this shithead series.

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande
Children of the Gods is free on YouTube right now also if nobody has seen it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do miss the Stargate franchise, this does not seem to be the right direction to take however.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Not sure what will happen in the show, unless they retcon and have the gate open up earlier than Daniel Jackson solving the chevrons.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Wonder if it is some sort of deal that they have to produce something or lose the rights? As much as I love me some stargate, I'm not going to pay to a subscription to see this

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If they plan to keep putting anything that might be worth watching behind paywalls, they are going to learn the same lesson print media did, in the exact same way. Adding this to the scrap heap with the new Star Trek show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What the fuck is this trash and what are they doing with one of my favorite sci fi franchises?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They cancelled 3 big budget trilogy reboot movies in 2014 to make this 10 episode series-- that qualifies this as an abortion.

Call this abortion "Stargate Bros" and I'll buy a subscription.

If you are going to shovel shit, you don't do it secretly in some gotcha way, and you might just gain a cult following of some real value. Donald Trump was elected president people. When are these execs going to get with the times.

I.E. stop placing poop on a gold plate and saying it costs money because its gold poop. TEN MINUTES EACH? Its a goddamn YouTube webisode series behind a fucking paywall good lord.

The real reason we are getting this? MGM is fucking bankrupt and liquidating assets, the judge ordered them to make something that makes money to stop shareholders and IP owners from spamming his court with litigation about how negligent and shit they are. "Give them a negligently made show from a nice IP you own to get these Jews out of my courtroom."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I wasn't really a fan of the movie reboots anyways, since they were pretty much "lol fuck the tv show, rip 10 yrs lore!"

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database