Steam Downloading Issues

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hesitate to ask, but I am at a loss. I cannot find any information from either Steam or AT&T.

I have AT&T fiber, and games download very damn fast on GOG and Blizzard launcher but for some reason, Steam downloads sputter out and take days to download. I have tried uninstalling Steam and reinstalling it, changing my local server, etc (worked fine on Uverse DSL).

I have a huge Steam library and want to play a few games. Anyone here have some thoughts on this?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What router and or modem you using? Have you tried resetting to defaults? Have another laptop or PC you can test on?

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What router and or modem you using? Have you tried resetting to defaults? Have another laptop or PC you can test on?

I am using the one they set up, and no currently I do not have another PC to test on.

Router/Modem is a BGW210. Streaming and everything else works great.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Currently it could be because of heavy volume from the Christmas sale. Is it always like this?

Sometimes I find Steam very sluggish and other times its lightning fast

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Do a Google search for the ports steam uses and try opening them on the router and your firewall

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Currently it could be because of heavy volume from the Christmas sale. Is it always like this?

Sometimes I find Steam very sluggish and other times its lightning fast
It is always like this, it takes a day to download.

Do a Google search for the ports steam uses and try opening them on the router and your firewall

Did that, no change. Unfortunately it is pretty consistent across the board every day and time of the week.

Hekotat

It is always like this, it takes a day to download.

Did that, no change. Unfortunately it is pretty consistent across the board every day and time of the week.

I'm assuming you already checked download settings in Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Strange. Steam is always blazing fast for me. Wouldn't be surprised if ATT is throttling them given what else you said.

Hekotat

I had that happen with PSN once on ATT, I had to fuck around with DNS settings to get it to work at a reasonable speed. I'm assuming Le Google has shown no answers?

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Google and Steam Forums aren't giving me jack. I will worry about it Wednesday, when I still have a week and no holidays I care about before going back to work.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Best answer might be to buy your own modem and router provided ATT allows that.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Best thing I can think of to do is try out a VPN.

If it speeds up, then you have a throttling issue, if not, you may wanna keep looking. It may just be as simple as they're having the Christmas sale right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user