Steam Link App

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
It's available for Android right now as a beta. I booted it up and it seems to work well enough over wifi for me. My PS4 controller doesn't connect to my phone without serious lag, so I didn't get an idea of how bad a delay might be. I can see using this when I'm sitting on the couch and want to play some Slay the Spire or something similar. Neat, not sure how much I'll wind up using it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sadly it doesn't work on a Fire HD 10 yet. Installing and configuring Steam Link then pairing a DS4 was easy enough, but when I try to launch the actual streaming part the screen just goes black for about 15 seconds and kicks me back to the home screen. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Can we stream 4K now? I'm happy with 1080p, but, you know them pixels want to multiply.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I saw PC Gamer did a review of the app, and their opinion was that the steamlink hardware was still superior to the app. I haven't tried the app yet, but if I use wifi to stream to my steamlink, it's either ugly and low res or stuttering and laggy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The new app can do 4K 60 fps if whatever you're running it on supports that as an output. Other than a TV that can run the app internally, I'm not sure exactly what device that would be. Even actual Steam Link hardware cannot (and IIRC the HDMI port is only 1.4 so it never will).

The app is still pretty rough even for a beta though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user