Steel Division (RTS)

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those enjoying more tactical RTS games, not unlike the Wargame series:

Has a campaign, but the meaty part is the multiplayer.

1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 and 10vs10 AxisvsAllies.

Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a Tactical Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, developed by Eugen Systems, the creators of titles like Wargame and R.U.S.E. This new game puts players in command of detailed, historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles at the height of World War II. Players can measure their tactical skills against several opponents in big multiplayer battles or against enemies in a challenging single-player campaign. Steel Division: Normandy 44 allows players to take control over legendary military divisions from six different countries, such as the American 101st Airborne, the German armored 21st Panzer or the 3rd Canadian Division, during the invasion of Normandy in 1944.

Steel Division: Normandy 44

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interest or not, here an update on how the game is coming along:

Release is on 23rd of May

Here the list of the divisions that are going to be in game on release:

Allies:
3rd US armoured Division "Spearhead"
15th Scottish Infantry Division
101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles"
3rd Canadian Infantry Division
6th Airborne Division "Red Devils"
Polish 1st Armoured Division "Black Division"
French 2nd Armoured Division
Guard Armoured Division "The Household Division"
2nd infantry Diviision "Indianhead"

Axis:
12. SS-Panzer Divison "Hitlerjugend"
91. Luftlande Division "Haudegen"
21. Panzerdivision "Rommels Zirkus"
352. Infanterie Division "Pegasus"
3. Fallschirmjäger "Grüne Teufel"
716. Infanterie Division "Eichenlaub"
Panzer-Lehr Division
116. Panzer Division "Windhund"
17. SS-Panzergrenadier Division "Götz von Berlichingen"

Some additional screenshots:

liCAhlY.jpg

dq9XwO8.jpg

FjrTLzW.jpg

eMC0Uno.jpg

Here the "TLDW" of the last dev-stream showing some deck-building and multiplayer 4vs4 gameplay:

Of course there is also a Subreddit for memes and drama.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks decent. Seeing this though reminds of how, yet again, I really want an Axis and Allies board game on PC that allows 5 player multiplayer on the OLD version of A&A. The one from the 90's.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
A new patch came today for the Beta and now the 352. Infantrie Division and the 6th Airborne Division are playable.

I'd really suggest everyone having a RTS WW2 multiplayer-itch to give it a try. Release is still a few days out, so if you buy it on Steam you can return it anytime no matter how long you played it, before the 23rd.

Edit:

And here a cast of the last 2vs2 tournament finals (rare to see axis vs axis in normal multiplayer):

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Might give a look but didn't care for the deck building wierdo rts. Send to end up.... Dunno not line what i wanted. Id really l love to see something similar to company of heroes before relic and sonic shit it up.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which other Deck-building RTS did you play?

I only know the Wargame series and now Steel Division. And while I felt a bit apprehensive about it as well (main reason why I waited a long while before buying Wargame: Air Land Battle), I quite enjoyed it once I actually got to see how it works.

Edit:

Here someone presents a deck he made and the reasoning that went into it:

And here some gameplay with it

Last edited:

Sludig

It might work better in ww2 without fast jets and other stuff. I didn't like what seemed like a team forcing to specialize ahead of time. Then the same couple units sheets getting blobbed to chase after what they counter. In a normal rts all options are open and you can change your strategy given a chance. So with property scouting you can abandon a build plan and do something else.

I forget the name of the other one which was a clone of wargame. It's been a long while especially since i didn't play it heavy.

Only in this thread as i do get excited for anything with lots of ww2 vehicles outside the common Sherman/tiger.

Stug life!

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game is released!

Sweet tears of people not caring to learn about sidearmor/morale/how the game works ( ;

Oh yea, final release trailer.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This makes me wish there was a new Company of Heroes coming at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

After what they did to coh2 followed by dow3..
No thanks :( Not from relic.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will never understand people who have such a high opinion of German tanks, the Wehrmacht and equating the Allied bombing campaign with the Holocaust. There is something seriously fucked with those guys.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think it's less about having a high opinion of axis tanks and having a lower opinion of Allied tanks. Agreed about the Russian tanks though, those were about the only things that could stand up to the German tanks.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's less about having a high opinion of axis tanks and having a lower opinion of Allied tanks. Agreed about the Russian tanks though, those were about the only things that could stand up to the German tanks.

I'm pretty sure Shermans and Pershings could stand up to Panzer 3s and Panthers.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Only like 2 Pershing fought in WW2. Shermans could handle Pz4's with ease.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's my understanding that production in the US (over 50K by the end of the war) was the main reason why we won the war. It had nothing to do with the quality of our tanks.

Zerg, before zerg became popular.