Stomping Lands - Dinosaur survival mmo

misery_sl

shitlord
The whole MMORPG scene is starting to feel like the Final Fantasy franchise. We had a great run at the start, but now un-creative people are just milking the shit out of it.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Waiting for the update to this one:

rrr_img_66386.jpg

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If Dunmar and I can battle and cannibalize other tribes of player cavemen, I'll play.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Besides the usual features that we find in every survival MMO, The Stomping Land will also bring PvP content. Players that travel together will be able to form a tribe, share their resources and build a tribe campsite. Each tribe will have its own totem that can be upgraded. By upgrading the totem, players will be able to tame bigger and more difficult dinosaurs. This process will bring a lot of PvP as other tribes will try to raid your campsite and steal your resources and totem heads for their own benefit.
close enough.

If riding a T-Rex is end game content i'm in.
There you go.

Also..

lindz

#DDs
Yeah it is basically a boring DayZ with dinosaurs, although very few dinosaurs from what I've seen. Pretty bare bones right now. Definitely was not what I was expecting from the articles I'd read.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Page 4 Necro.

Stomping Lands got removed from Steam today because the developers took everyone's $25 and split.

The Stomping Land on Steam

Score another one for the "Indie Game" scene.

Good news I didn't invest any money in this turd. Bad news I may never ride a Tyrannosaurus Rex into a pvp battle =(

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Steam should be on the hook when they sell a product and the company they're selling for pulls shady shit like that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure there's something in the fine print that says "You're only guaranteed what you see now" for early access games.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Steam_sl said:
When will these games release?

Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses.You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state.
While I don't think Steam should be accountable for cases like this, perhaps they could have a better vetting process where a game has to be close to completion before being allowed to be an early access title. Something where they have to put up a feature list of the expected final product, and must have say 70% of it implemented. But then that puts a lot of stress on Steam to test and verify such feature sets for games before they are put up.

I think the benefits of the current system outweigh the negative in the end. You should always do your research before you buy something.