The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So are you going with this cartoon version where you die and go to heaven and become an angel? A view not held by basically any Christian denomination ever?

I knew you werent serous about science, logic, or civility but I thought you had at least partial knowledge of the Bible. I was wrong. Duly noted.

Dude, I just linked a passage that says we become like angels directly from the mouth of Jesus himself. How are you this fucking stupid and delusional? I don't even get it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dude, I just linked a passage that says we become like angels directly from the mouth of Jesus himself. How are you this fucking stupid and delusional? I don't even get it.
What you said is fine, but you're going to have to play nice in this thread if you want to stay here.

images

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm glad to see youve conceded my point and are now using the correct phrasing "like the angels" instead of your incorrect phrasing "become angels". Tuna sandwiches are like hamburgers but do not become hamburgers.

I accept your apology and commend your good grace for admitting you were wrong.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm glad to see youve conceded my point and are now using the correct phrasing "like the angels" instead of your incorrect phrasing "become angels". Tuna sandwiches are like hamburgers but do not become hamburgers.

I accept your apology and commend your good grace for admitting you were wrong.

What the fuck do you think become like angels means exactly idiot?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Music made this thread with a specific goal of discussion and debate of "strange and unexplained phenomenon", and it was going swimmingly well. I actually agree with some of the stuff you've said in here but you're such a smarmy cocksucker incapable of discussion or debate that anything you get involved with turns to shit.

Maybe you should find some herb or spice that helps you out with how frustrated you get when disagreed with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this thread went from, "there are strange phenomena in the world and in our history, lets have a friendly talk about it" to "man cant do shit! angels did everything with computers you fucking idiot. " yeah Lumi,
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Music made this thread with a specific goal of discussion and debate of "strange and unexplained phenomenon", and it was going swimmingly well. I actually agree with some of the stuff you've said in here but you're such a smarmy cocksucker incapable of discussion or debate that anything you get involved with turns to shit.

Maybe you should find some herb or spice that helps you out with how frustrated you get when disagreed with.

Well when you get retards who's counter arguments are comparing plastic toys made with modern technology to devices that are 2,000 years ahead of their time, it's hard not to become irate.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
this thread wemt from, "there are strange phenomena in the world and in our history, lets have a friendly talk about it" to "man cant do shit! angels did everything with computers you fucking idiot. " yeah Lumi,

I never said everything was done by angels. You claim humans were capable of what they did and yet ignore the fact that even they attribute many things to the gods. Literally numerous civilizations that had no contact with each other all talking about the same type of beings interacting with them but of course they're all just delusional or something. So not only do we have evidence of structural engineering that far surpasses what humans should've been capable of but we also have countless stories of these beings that I am saying actually were the ones responsible for these things. So you'll believe humans built these things but you won't believe them when they talk about the beings you deny exist at all. I'm the close minded one tho rofl. What a fucking joke.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well when you get retards who's counter arguments are comparing plastic toys made with modern technology to devices that are 2,000 years ahead of their time, it's hard not to become irate.
It's satire. What you are posting comes across like the platics toys post to us.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's satire. What you are posting comes across like the platics toys post to us.

Yep, that's why these stories of these things are considered to be mysteries. If they were like the plastic toys, then they wouldn't be a mystery in the first fucking place idiot.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I never said everything was done by angels. You claim humans were capable of what they did and yet ignore the fact that even they attribute many things to the gods. Literally numerous civilizations that had no contact with each other all talking about the same type of beings interacting with them but of course they're all just delusional or something. So not only do we have evidence of structural engineering that far surpasses what humans should've been capable of but we also have countless stories of these beings that I am saying actually were the ones responsible for these things. So you'll believe humans built these things but you won't believe them when they talk about the beings you deny exist at all. I'm the close minded one tho rofl. What a fucking joke.

It's you dude, we've been talking about pre younger dryas advanced civs for pages and everyone was fine, with some people disagreeing or agreeing or coming up with other ideas. But here you are, with the same basic premise, and the thread has gone to complete shit and you're sitting there wondering what's wrong with everyone. /boggle

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"the gods did it with magic/computers" theory across many cultures is likely put forth by later inhabitants who were not able to understand the science behind those structures and natural events. just like what you're doing right now. ironically, the Antikythera mechanism is pure mechanics and math, yet you cant even give that to mankind either.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I have zero problem with you coming in here and making a total jackass out of yourself from time to time Lumi.
Even a few of your posts haven't been 100% insane.
But if you want to be a negative Nancy and act like a bitch for attention then, please, go to your own thread.

giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Dudes,

As far as I can tell there isn't one person on this board and possibly the rest of the world that takes Lumi seriously. Because of that, there isn't really any need to reply to him. From my somewhat limited reading, there's no evidence of anyone changing his mind on anything, and since literally no one except him believes it, the need to refute it is just not there. I get that it's tempting, because it's so easy, but it's really just a waste of time.

A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject. -Winston Churchill

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"the gods did it with magic/computers" theory across many cultures is likely put forth by later inhabitants who were not able to understand the science behind those structures and natural events. just like what you're doing right now. ironically, the Antikythera mechanism is pure mechanics and math, yet you cant even give that to mankind either.

Nevermind the fact that the Antikythera Mechanism is not very accurate whatsoever. It was clearly a highly ambitious, technologically advanced, wonder of engineering for its day by mankind. But it makes zero fucking sense for the Lumi "gods or aliens did it" argument. So an advanced alien species capable of interstellar travel (or gods) came all the way here and built a fairly flawed design astronomical predictor device just to troll mankind? GTFO

Investigations by Freeth and Jones reveal that their simulated mechanism is not particularly accurate, the Mars pointer being up to 38° off at times. This is not due to inaccuracies in gearing ratios in the mechanism, but rather to inadequacies in the Greek theory. The accuracy could not have been improved until first Ptolemy put forth his Planetary Hypotheses in the second half of the second century AD and then the introduction of Kepler's Second Law in the early 17th century.[6]

In short, the Antikythera Mechanism was a machine designed to predict celestial phenomena according to the sophisticated astronomical theories current in its day, the sole witness to a lost history of brilliant engineering, a conception of pure genius, one of the great wonders of the ancient world—but it didn’t really work very well!​

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Lumi has ruined this thread, rational intellectual conversation went to Lumi arguing with everything you say.

RIP awesome thread.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users