The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The best place to get information is people who sell mystery tours.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!" - Upton Sinclair

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
That was an arbitrary number I picked, in actuality if we are talking about ancient reptiles it's more like 200 million years
We have found 200+ year old mosquitoes in amber. So I propose someone dispose an iPhone in a vat of gorilla glue for historical preservation :)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I will donate one. It's a 4, and the screen is cracked, but it's probably good enough to document our society for the future.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
once i tell you, you wont be able to unsee it. its half a stone face. big nose in the middle. no doubt its a natural rock formation, but still cool.

looks exactly like a craved face from that specific frame, which would be pretty crazy, but i'm still leaning towards paradolia unless dude wants to head back in and get more angles.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
FUCK THIS GUY.

It's just absolute bullshit from start to end. "Here's a related fact therefore this jump in logic is true".
the UK and royals are being destroyed as we speak , but this one english chap SPECULATING about prehistory is what sets you off?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I find it extremely unlikely we could detected even a metropolis like NYC or LA after 10,000 years submerged under corrosive seawater, even if we knew where to look.

There was an interesting series on History Channel a while back named Life After People that discussed exactly this. What would happen to all the stuff we've created and built if humanity suddenly disappear from the planet? They would do increasing time scales and descirbe what things would be like at those various points. It was pretty fascinating.

IIRC, pretty much anything that's not made from or carved into granite would be gone in about 10,000 years. Oh, and cats would have NO problem existing without humans. Dogs? Massive die-off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was an interesting series on History Channel a while back named Life After People that discussed exactly this. What would happen to all the stuff we've created and built if humanity suddenly disappear from the planet? They would do increasing time scales and descirbe what things would be like at those various points. It was pretty fascinating.

IIRC, pretty much anything that's not made from or carved into granite would be gone in about 10,000 years. Oh, and cats would have NO problem existing without humans. Dogs? Massive die-off.
i think stuff that was exposed to the elements would errode to nothing afer just a few hundred years. the stuff buried though might last for a really long time. i bet you could have some artifacts in cold locations still be around after 10k years.