Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
giphy.gif

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That trailer is wild, and I cant tell if this game is a sequel, prequel (both?) or re-imagining of Final Fantasy 1 and I hope the game is good enough to find out.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel like it's missing "From the team that brought you FF13 and FF15" at the end.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hate action related FF games in general and Team Ninja has not had the vest track record lately. Hard pass until someone I know actually plays this. Story looks interesting, though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the demo when it came out. I thought it was ok, not enough to make this a day 1 purchase though for me, but also not bad enough to write it off . I'm still going to wait for reviews.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I hate action related FF games in general and Team Ninja has not had the vest track record lately. Hard pass until someone I know actually plays this. Story looks interesting, though.
Nioh 2 was terrific, if this turns out to be a pseudo skin of Nioh 2 with FF characters I'm in 100%

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just what we needed; "Dark Souls" with one million percent more dialogue.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Will wait for reviews, but I'm a simple man when it comes to FF. Magic? Fucked up story? Save/destroy the world? Let's get the band back together!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm putting my chips on this being a sequel or prequel to FF1 based on the trailer. The story of FF1 was based on a time loop of sorts. That time loop had to have had a start or an end to it to get the loop going or ending (sounds contradictory but...). Just a guess though! A reimagining of FF1 seems too trite.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
everyone of those english va's is aids jesus christ

i still pre ordered anyway cuz you can choose jap

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm putting my chips on this being a sequel or prequel to FF1 based on the trailer. The story of FF1 was based on a time loop of sorts. That time loop had to have had a start or an end to it to get the loop going or ending (sounds contradictory but...). Just a guess though! A reimagining of FF1 seems too trite.
Yeah Garland was both the first and last boss of the original FF. Also featured in FF4 Afteryears a bit, as I recall. I am just an old far who prefered turn based FF (with the sole exception of 12 which was really a guild leader simulator in some ways). Story wise, the series has been all over the place since the original writer went full on black pill with FF7. And even though its basically a license to print money, Square refuses to make another tactics game in the Ogre Battle or Lion War universes.

Truth is the series has been mostly shit and the new crew have been trying to turn it into a button mash action RPG (all the rage in JPN though most are phoned in) and I am just not into that shit. Less twitch. Less gay. Less loli. More depth. More grounded story. There has not been a story that even comes close to Lion Wars or FF6 since those games came out and they have had damn near three decades to do something better. There have been flashes of brilliance in there (Auron and his story arc, Balthier, Vincent's backstory), but nothing like the Opera scene or even the pumped feeling you get when Rydia shows back up in FF4. Its just gotten gayer and the battle systems keep getting worse.

I hope this is not shit. I would like to play a FF game that is not shit, again. But SQueenix has lost all my trust.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Garland walking around with a cellphone and wireless earbuds rocking out to frank sinatra.

Uh ok.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah Garland was both the first and last boss of the original FF. Also featured in FF4 Afteryears a bit, as I recall. I am just an old far who prefered turn based FF (with the sole exception of 12 which was really a guild leader simulator in some ways). Story wise, the series has been all over the place since the original writer went full on black pill with FF7. And even though its basically a license to print money, Square refuses to make another tactics game in the Ogre Battle or Lion War universes.

Truth is the series has been mostly shit and the new crew have been trying to turn it into a button mash action RPG (all the rage in JPN though most are phoned in) and I am just not into that shit. Less twitch. Less gay. Less loli. More depth. More grounded story. There has not been a story that even comes close to Lion Wars or FF6 since those games came out and they have had damn near three decades to do something better. There have been flashes of brilliance in there (Auron and his story arc, Balthier, Vincent's backstory), but nothing like the Opera scene or even the pumped feeling you get when Rydia shows back up in FF4. Its just gotten gayer and the battle systems keep getting worse.

I hope this is not shit. I would like to play a FF game that is not shit, again. But SQueenix has lost all my trust.
Ultima Thule.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm hoping 16 brings back the classic ff good story (the last main number ff i played besides 14 is 9. So that is my yardstick)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Is this shit all just melee or is there weapons too? Can you choose?
There are weapons, you can be many classes each with their own weapon. You can switch class mid-combat between 2 if I remember correctly from the demo. The classes are typical FF classes like Dragoon, Red Mage, White Mage, Monk, Warrior, Black Mage etc…