Street Fighter Assassin's Fist - Web Series

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Tried to see if this was posted anywhere - but this is a pretty good web series.

Amusingly its better than the actual movies - sans the animated but thats not hard to accomplish.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what the fuck? a 12 episode web series from machinima?

this is the best street fighter media.

It actually has the most developed plot.

It hands down has the best acting, which isn't difficult to do.

It has the best props/location and scenery.

And it has the best action.

Imagine, they were able to show a Hadoken without it looking cheesy, They show Shoryuken without looking comical, they make tatsumaki(hurricane kick) look plausible.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well fuck me. As a fan of SF from the very beginning of the franchise; this was truly epic. If you grew up with SF, you need to watch this. 10/10
(edit): I downloaded the 2 hour long movie from ipt

Column_sl

shitlord
The actors did a great job which is usually the downfall of these type of things. I even thought they did a good job with Akuma being a white actor. He did some mimicking of the japanese actors mouth in some points that made you believe this was a demon that transformed him completely.

If I had to nitpick anything it would be the special effects. The animators don't have a good grasp of secondary action so it looks pretty cheesy.
Special effects need to effect everything in the environment from lighting it to feeling the power of it against clothes etc.

It's that old riddle of how do you draw the wind? you don't, you just draw everything it affects.

The other thing would be the recycled sound effects from the game. I'm all for paying homage to them, but you need to take them as inspiration then make them fit the movie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The actors did a great job which is usually the downfall of these type of things. I even thought they did a good job with Akuma being a white actor. He did some mimicking of the japanese actors mouth in some points that made you believe this was a demon that transformed him completely.

If I had to nitpick anything it would be the special effects. The animators don't have a good grasp of secondary action so it looks pretty cheesy.
Special effects need to effect everything in the environment from lighting it to feeling the power of it against clothes etc.

It's that old riddle of how do you draw the wind? you don't, you just draw everything it affects.

The other thing would be the recycled sound effects from the game. I'm all for paying homage to them, but you need to take them as inspiration then make them fit the movie.
You stop stop stop your nitpicking! Im glad it was semi cheese and not perfect on special effects. Do you want another Jean Claude cluster fuck?!? I prefer the route taken and hope they have maybe a little more budget to add maybe 2-3 more cast next season to expand further into the story line. I'd imagine it would revolve around Ryu vs Sagat and Akuma killing their master.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't think anyone who is a fan of SF and saw this can even give it less than a 10/10, (on the pure basis of it being street fighter media)

i mean seriously, white ppl have godzilla 1998'd every street fighter related movie since jean claude. and the animes are just dreadful to watch.

up until this series, jackie chan as a tranny chun li was the best adaptation.

i'm not even joking! , would you rather watch the legend of chun li?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
i don't think anyone who is a fan of SF and saw this can even give it less than a 10/10, (on the pure basis of it being street fighter media)

i mean seriously, white ppl have godzilla 1998'd every street fighter related movie since jean claude. and the animes are just dreadful to watch.

up until this series, jackie chan as a tranny chun li was the best adaptation.

i'm not even joking! , would you rather watch the legend of chun li?
The 2 hour street fighter movie with Ryu and ken vs bison was badass.

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (1994) - IMDb

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
was it? maybe i'm confusing it with tekken being shit then (like 20 years ago).