Strider (2014)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Getting ok reviews so far. Not great, but not bad. I'll still give it a try regardless. LovedStriderback in the day.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trailers I've seen look pretty plain to me honestly. If there's a demo I'll give it a shot but otherwise will hold off. Just finished Valdis Story so my controller fingers need a break anyway :l

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The main gripe I've seen is the repetitive environments. No snow level(WTF) which was teased in early videos.

Makes me wonder if they held back a lot of stuff for DLC or something.

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's pretty fun so far. And Hard is Hard, at least at first. You can die super fucking easily until you get a couple health upgrades.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any other impressions from anyone? Waiting to hear back from some Rerolled members before buying tonight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The trailers I've seen look pretty plain to me honestly. If there's a demo I'll give it a shot but otherwise will hold off. Just finished Valdis Story so my controller fingers need a break anyway :l
haha yeah, that game is rough on your hands.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Up to Meio Palace and enjoying it for what it is. $15 side scroller with some power ups and new weapons, etc... Hard or whatever mode is really fun and the voice acting is awesomely cheesy.

Szlia

Some gameplay footage... there is something odd with the zooming, the size of the rooms and the art style: everything feels cramped.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't say cramped in action, some rooms are certainly small and suffer from the funneling from A => B corridor syndrome. But the physics of your jumping and once you get double jump things open up. There are a few areas just at the beginning that are hugely open and immediately obvious you can't traverse without upgrades. I do wish the zoom was slightly out...

It is like a better Bionic Commando remake? Same kinda forcing this 3d perspective rather than making a beautiful and responsive 2d game?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Theres definitely a lot of times where the camera is really zoomed in when it shouldn't be.. which results in getting popped offscreen which is kind of annoying lol
Its alright so far, i keep dying like a casual on hard mode
frown.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
Finally beat it, clear time of 8 hours, 28 minutes on Hard with 97.2% complete. Was going to search for all the collectibles, but said fuck it. Finding the all "Pow" ones that unlock bonus shit is gay as hell since there's no map icons for them. Did find all the upgrades, canisters, and costumes though.

Definitely worth the 15 bucks. Hard can be pretty hard, some boss fights are a total bitch, and the start of the game is brutal until you get some health upgrades. The only real complaint I have is that once you beat it it locks you out and you can't go back and finish collecting stuff. They should have let you do a New Game+ or restored you to right before the last area.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So far i've only found the very beginning to be hard like you mentioned.. the first two bosses or so before you get a health upgrade is substantially more difficult compared to the following few bosses.
It's okay... definitely not as good as shadow complex lol

Sean_sl

shitlord
So far i've only found the very beginning to be hard like you mentioned.. the first two bosses or so before you get a health upgrade is substantially more difficult compared to the following few bosses.
It's okay... definitely not as good as shadow complex lol
Yeah, there's some really uneven difficulty mid-game once you get a few upgrades. The last few bosses are pretty well tuned though. The gauntlet right before the last two bosses was a real bitch too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I would really appreciate it if someone came out with a collectible location map for each area. Missing like 1 POW thing and no idea where it is. Feel like I've searched inch by inch without luck.