Stumptown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Stumptown

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2019-09-25

Creator: Jason Richman

Cast: Cobie Smulders, Tantoo Cardinal, Cole Sibus, Adrian Martinez, Camryn Manheim, Michael Ealy, Jake Johnson

Overview: Dex Parios is a strong, assertive, and unapologetically sharp-witted Army veteran working as a P.I. in Portland, Oregon. With a complicated personal history and only herself to rely on, she solves other people’s messes with a blind eye toward her own.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched the 1st three episodes tonight on Hulu. Main character reminds me of a pg-rated Jessica Jones. Its decent enough to keep watching. The cast is pretty strong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm 2 episodes in and I like it so far. I'm assuming they're not going to keep milking the whole unlicensed pi thing for long. "Oh you scamp, we'll let ya go THIS time but don't do it again"

Pretty good job of writing a butch woman role without it being a girl power rally. Dex could be like a female archer if the banter was wittyer.

Still don't know wtf Stumptown is. Is that a nickname for Portland that were supposed to know?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I didnt realize this show is a comic adaption. Enjoying this so far. Loved Colbie since HIMYM.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One positive to come out of the SJW movement is it has become ok to have your main character be a drunken slut. Such a positive and empowering role model.

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Colbie making out with chicks is pretty cool too. It kind of fell off my radar due to winter break, just caught up. The cast is jelling pretty well. A couple episodes of "Really they are going to do this?" but it is worth getting past, since it seems more like... OK we have to do this for network reasons, lets get it over with. Then they make a joke about it this last episode.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Getting back into watching this. It's still good, but not at the top of the priority list. I just watched the dex drugs and rock n roll episode. So, that ex was a tranny, right? I kept expecting them to reveal that, but no. Apparently they have non passing trannies playing biological women now. If works dries up for him, he can always play quagmire's dad in a real life family guy adaptation.

I'm not going to stop watching because of this, but now I'll be wary for more SJW crapola.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
but now I'll be wary for more SJW crapola.
It isn't too bad. Actually, not bad at all. I think that was about the only episode that may be construed as SJW-ish.

Good show. Not my favorite but I like the characters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I saw this thread title I thought it was another name for Nub City,

Vernon is a very small town, with a population under 800 people. In the ’50s and ’60s, this money making strategy somehow caught hold in Vernon and the surrounding areas. At one point in the mid-60’s, at least 50 of Vernon’s 700 residents had joined the Nub Club. More broadly, citizens of the Florida Panhandle accounted for two-thirds of all loss-of-limb insurance claims in the entire United States.

• 1Worf
TV show information provided by The Movie Database