Suburbicon (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Suburbicon

Genre: Comedy, Crime, Mystery

Director: George Clooney

Cast: Matt Damon, Oscar Isaac, Julianne Moore, Glenn Fleshler, Lauren Burns, Megan Ferguson, Michael D. Cohen, Chrystall Friedemann, Steve Monroe, Brandon Duracher, Gary Basaraba, Noah Jupe, Inbal Amirav, Emily Goss

Release: 2017-11-02

Plot: A crime mystery set in the quiet family town of Suburbicon during the 1950s, where the best and worst of humanity is hilariously reflected through the deeds of seemingly ordinary people. When a home invasion turns deadly, a picture-perfect family turns to blackmail, revenge, and murder.

spronk

FPS noob

starring Matt Damon, Julianne Moore, Josh Brolin, and Oscar Isaac
Directed by George Clooney
written by The Coen Brothers (Fargo etc)

release 11/2/17

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Reminds me a bit of that 90s classic, Falling Down, starring Michael Douglas with a Coen Brothers spin and set in the 50s

also probably would have starred Philip Seymour Hoffman if he had been alive, RIP

spronk

FPS noob
40% on RT after 21 reviews
Suburbicon
A disappointing misfire for director George Clooney, Suburbicon attempts to juggle social satire, racial commentary, and murder mystery -- and ends up making a mess of all three.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
29% on RT now, fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk. wife loves george clooney so we are seeing it tonight, i wish i was watching stranger things season 2 instead :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
oh no this movie is getting fucking rekt by the likes of 'jigsaw'

lol fuck you matt 'matt damon' damon, ben 'rapist' affleck and george 'knew everythign about wiengstien' cloony

spronk

FPS noob
it was pretty boring and not at all the movie the trailers implied: a Fallen style white-guy-goes-nuts-revenge movie. It was totally just two different stories - white family, black family - living in 1959 suburbia and the stupid shit happening to both families. Nothing really interesting happens in the movie except for a 2 minute scene with Damon at the end.

It wasn't so bad that I hated being in the theater (Mother!), and moment to moment it was ok I guess, just a big NothingBurger at the end. Decent enough date movie if your SO likes Damon/Clooney/Moore, and if they push to see it you get the satisfaction of being in the "... well, you dragged me to another shitty movie" camp, which rarely happens for me.

Goatface

box office mojo estimates a $3mil weekend and possible out of the top 5

estimated budget of $25mil

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database