Summer 2022 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Call of the Night

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Gen Sato, Sora Amamiya, Yumiri Hanamori, Haruka Tomatsu

Overview: Nanakusa is a vampire. That's okay with human Ko. He wants to be one too. But transformation doesn't come that easily... When Nazuna invites Ko to spend the night at her place in an abandoned building, he's stoked! But then he awakens to kisses on his neck with a little too much bite to them... Is it just the delicious taste of his blood that makes her meet him night after night for late-night adventures, conversation and...naps? Or something else? Then, when a cute girl from Yamori's past shows up and competes for his attention, his budding relationship with the undead is put to the test!

Malkav

French Madman
A little bit early, but I thought since this upcoming season seems stacked I'd get the discussion started early.

Also, since Xarpolis lost his anime fan cred after being unwilling to watch Kaguya-sama.

Amod Amod Can you please rename the thread to Summer 2022 Anime Thread please?

summer-2022.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Some notable shows coming back, such as a new Overlord season as well as a new Danmachi season, and finally a new season for The Devil is a part-timer. New season of Rent of a Girlfriend might interest some too. Oh, and new season of Made in Abyss!

Man so much returning shows.

As far as new shows go, I'm really looking forward to Call of the Night (heard the mange is great) and Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer (loved the manga back in the days, and it's actually a finished story so I hope they adapt the whole thing).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like my previous Amod Amod ping was missed. Can a mod rename the thread to Summer 2022 Anime Thread please? Thanks.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
My brothers in christ, 5 years later i can finally post about Made in Abyss season 2 soon
Bless up

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
First show of the new season should start on the 2nd I think.

Felt in a procedural drama hole these last few weeks so i still need to catch up on spring but looking forward to some fresh shows.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Wow what a great Summer! Gonna give some of these new shows a try and happy for continuations.

Shadows House 2! - Cannot wait for this. More Emelico and Kate fun please!

Overlord s4 - Will definitely watch. Hoping for Shaltear Bullying.

Devil is part timer 2. - Finally see some more from Inta Isla? Will need to go back and watch S1. Been a few years.

Rent a Girlfriend 2- Looking forward to more enjoyment but man the MC is pretty lame from what I remember.

Dan Machi - yay more Bell Sama.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Might as well start the discussion for it in the summer thread since it released today.
Netflix just launched its Bastards adaptation today.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Kanojo's back (rental girlfriend). The new episode (13) is out now. The first 5ish minutes is a recap of the first season. It's a decent show, it's nice to see it back.

EDIT: I corrected this. The entire episode isn't a recap. Just the first 5 minutes. Then it's a new episode.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's Ao Ashi (that soccer show) was good, but left on a sour note. A direction I didn't see the show taking, but I'm interested none the less. This show is very enjoyable.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Solo Leveling is good early on, but then it turns into god mode cheese later. They make up some good supporting characters then turn them totally useless. Everyone just becomes a voice box about how the protagonist is so cool and powerful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database