Sunglasses/eyewear

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
For those of you that appreciate decent eyewear, I can't recommend Maui Jim's enough. They are one of the few brands left in the world that aren't owned/made by Luxottica(which makes cheap plastic pieces of crap) Ray-Ban, Oakley, Revo and most other major brands are owned by Luxottica now, and have cheap plastic lenses that scratch if you breathe on them wrong.

Maui Jim not only makes good looking glasses, but they are durable as hell and their lenses don't scratch easily. They definitely have the best polarized lenses I've seen, shuts down all glare like a champ. People are generally shocked at how vibrant colors are when they try mine out out in the sunlight. Somehow the lenses don't actually just darken everything, looking through them when in bright sunlight, everything looks more defined and colorful, not darker, yet they also shut out all glare so that your eyes can relax, even though they aren't super dark(which is a good thing)

Bought some of these last summer and they're the best sunglasses I've ever owned. I used to wear Oakleys in HS/College, then moved on to Revos after that, but both got bought out by Luxotica and became cheap pieces of crap(in design, not price)

http://www.mauijim.com/ironwoods-7047.html
ironwoods.jpg

Basically, never buy a brand of sunglasses owned by Luxottica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica) overpriced, flimsy pieces of crap. I used to love Revo about a decade or so ago, but Luxottica ruined them.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I wear Smith Optics sunglasses, but you are absolutely right!! Maui Jim's have some of the absolute best lenses on the market, they are amazing.

If you are really serious about good eyewear and not just a fashion statement, you really should try some Smith's, Maui Jims or Costa Del Mars.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, never buy sunglasses at a department store or even worse a Sunglass Hut. I basically use Sunglass Hut to go try some on, see what I like, and then go buy them online for $100 cheaper at least.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Big fan of Smith and Spy personally, for sunglasses, goggles and the like.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds a lot like the Oakley's I used to own maybe 8 or 9 years ago. Everything looked much brighter (and bluer) with them on. They were pretty awesome.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I stick to the cheap 15$ ones at Walmart. I break or lose them way to often to spend real money.

Polarized + 100% UVA/UVB + Halfway decent looks is all I care about.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm thinking of another pair to get as I have $100 for Sunglass hut. May get maui but idk I wait till I see something I really like as I already have a really nice pair. I was upset they didn't have that sale like this did last year around christmas which was like 40% off products $200 <

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just got prescription sunglasses for the first time this past summer. Seeing the world in a totally different way and I'm not longer a danger to others on the road when driving into the sun.

I don't even what the brand is but my wife says I look good in them. Fuck if I know, I've never worn sunglasses before.

How the fuck Arnette decided it was a good idea to stop making CatFish is mind blowing, I have been wearing em for 25 years. They were still their most popular model when they discontinued them.

106840647_amazoncom-arnette-sunglasses-catfish-matte-black-sports-.jpg

I must have a dozen pair in different states of wear around the house.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Used to love me some Arnette's, but they fell off the face of the earth it seems.

As far as the CatFish goes, looks like it's coming out again as a limited edition.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I just got prescription sunglasses for the first time this past summer. Seeing the world in a totally different way and I'm not longer a danger to others on the road when driving into the sun.

I don't even what the brand is but my wife says I look good in them. Fuck if I know, I've never worn sunglasses before.
Dude have them too it's incredible. Polarize prescription glasses is like fucking HD

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I stick to the cheap 15$ ones at Walmart. I break or lose them way to often to spend real money.

Polarized + 100% UVA/UVB + Halfway decent looks is all I care about.
Same. I wear polarized aviators.

0410768196950_247x329.jpg

Most important thing for sunglasses is that they conform to my face. My favorite is a pair I found in some shitty grocer in Florida with an illegible brand name printed on the side.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once you wear nice sunglasses with good lenses I can't see how you could go back to gas station glasses.

I currently wear polarized Ray Ban tech aviators, prolly the lightest pair of glasses I've had ever.

Pro-Tip: if you have a West Marine or similar nautical type supply house in your state, the $18-25 polarized sunglasses they carry are equal to many $50-80 name brand name. That's where I buy my 'work shades'

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Same. I wear polarized aviators.

Most important thing for sunglasses is that they conform to my face. My favorite is a pair I found in some shitty grocer in Florida with an illegible brand name printed on the side.
I wear Raybans aviators and I love them. Had them put in a prescription with polarized lenses. Love, love, love them!

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been wearing glasses since I was in third grade up earlier this year when i got Lasik. Being a guy with a face that is not so broad, most standard mens glasses, especially sunglasses, fit me like shit. I've found that the only brand that fits me well at all is Prada, which is made by Luxottica, mentioned above. Lenses have also scratched incredibly easily, as mentioned above. Fit is great though:

rrr_img_2971.jpg

rrr_img_2971.jpg

rrr_img_2971.jpg