Supernatural

Eonan

Doer of Things
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Supernatural

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2005-09-13

Creator: Eric Kripke

Cast: Jim Beaver, Loretta Devine, David Haydn-Jones, Misha Collins, Samantha Smith, Kim Rhodes, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Alexander Calvert, Mark Pellegrino, Ruth Connell, Briana Buckmaster

Overview: When they were boys, Sam and Dean Winchester lost their mother to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America ... and he taught them how to kill it. Now, the Winchester brothers crisscross the country in their '67 Chevy Impala, battling every kind of supernatural threat they encounter along the way.

Eonan

Doer of Things
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 130226[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Supernatural[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2005-09-13[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]When they were boys, Sam and Dean Winchester lost their mother to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America ... and he taught them how to kill it. Now, the Winchester brothers crisscross the country in their '67 Chevy Impala, battling every kind of supernatural threat they encounter along the way. [/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So last night was the first time in two seasons that I actually caught Supernatural live. Decent episode, I like the split between Sam and Dean and can't wait to see whats going to happen with Castiel for the reset of the season. No new episodes until January though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, these last couple episodes have been pretty good. The Looney Tunes was really well done, despite the absurd premise. It's clever episodes like that that have kept this show fresh for so long.

Benny continues to be a great character. He's actually probably my favorite addition to the cast since Castiel.

Shinsensakana

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, these last couple episodes have been pretty good. The Looney Tunes was really well done, despite the absurd premise. It's clever episodes like that that have kept this show fresh for so long.

Benny continues to be a great character. He's actually probably my favorite addition to the cast since Castiel.
I'm getting more interested in Benny's story than the Kevin Tran/Tablet/Crowley story at this point.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Heh- my prediction is the series finale- which will be next season will be sam killing dean as lucifer. If you remember I think it was season five when sam broke deans neck as lucifer in the white tux in the garden it was the angels telling him that would happen if dean didn't say yes to Michael- My prediction is it still will happen that way just sometime later down the road =)

Its all my guess though. Me and my wife watch supernatural religiously love the show

McCheese

Heh- my prediction is the series finale- which will be next season will be sam killing dean as lucifer. If you remember I think it was season five when sam broke deans neck as lucifer in the white tux in the garden it was the angels telling him that would happen if dean didn't say yes to Michael- My prediction is it still will happen that way just sometime later down the road =)

Its all my guess though. Me and my wife watch supernatural religiously love the show
That would be pretty cool but I doubt they'll do anything that awesome. I don't think they're going to retread the Lucifer storyline and we've seen no evidence that they're going the direction.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So I left off somewhere around Castiel getting god status, then promptly losing it. Still watchable after that point?

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I would say yes, but that's because I enjoy the show for what it is. Even if Sam is a whiny bitch.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hell, I even giggle each episode when I hear the assumed names they are using that week. Like Van Halen and Anthony, or Plant and Page, etc. Dumb, but it resonates with me, so I keep watching (for other reasons as well).

Arative

Vyemm Raider
This season is much better that last season I think. Getting back to the monster of the week type of thing, with mythology episodes sprinkled in.

McCheese

Jenson Ackles is 95% of why this show is still so good. The day he calls it quits is the day the show dies. Sam is an awful actor and without Bobby there aren't many great characters left. I'm honestly surprised that Jensen Ackles has stuck around as long as he has. I bet he's getting paid insane amounts of money to keep him there.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jenson Ackles is 95% of why this show is still so good. The day he calls it quits is the day the show dies. Sam is an awful actor and without Bobby there aren't many great characters left. I'm honestly surprised that Jensen Ackles has stuck around as long as he has. I bet he's getting paid insane amounts of money to keep him there.
I completely agree with you, he's by far my favorite on the show. The other 5% is Castiel and hot pieces of ass. Said hot pieces have been sorely lacking lately too, now that I think about it.

I remember reading an interview with Ackles near the end of Season 5 where he said it was over with, but he wouldn't say no if they backed a truck full of money up to his door. I guess they've done that each year.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed the first 5 seasons of this show, and for all intents and purposes it really ended there. Everything after that is just sort of meh. Wife still watches the show, and I'll join her on occasion, but it certainly isn't the same.

One thing I think this show really suffers from is escalation. The writers felt they had to introduce progressively more powerful villains for Sam and Dean to fight, and thus had to create increasingly contrived ways for them to win.

The writers should have kept it on a smaller scale, minus the Michael and Lucifer story arc, and kept Sam and Dean's opponents more their level except in cases of divine help which should have been used sparingly.

They should have kept the Colt the only thing able to kill higher level beings, made a distinction between low level demons as being just tortured human souls and high level demons being fallen angels (which I believe they hint at but never explicitly state). Ruby's knife and Archangel swords should never have been put in the show and the death of even a single Angel/Fallen Angel/God should have been major story arcs that entire seasons were centered around, not inconsequential things that occur during random episodes. With the exception being the episode where Lucifer tears shit up in that meeting of the gods.

Also, they've made characters dying pretty meaningless. Sam, Dean, Bobby and Castiel have died an absurd amount of times that it means fuck all at this point.

As far as next season being the last season, the new head of the show says he has constructed a story arc to carry them through season 10. Though I guess the actors could choose not to renew their contracts.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
Ackles is the only reason I still watch the show. Hot pieces of ass have always been lacking from this show. I may or may not still be bitter that Jo was only in like 3 episodes. I wanted to see more of her.

I'll keep watching the show so long as it's on, but I think I may have to go on a little trip back to the first few seasons to remind me why I do. Also, could they please just end this damn Sam flashback crap. It's just awful.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Something has to come of those flashbacks, doesn't it? I mean, he can't just up and retire and go back to live with the vet chick out of remorse, although I could see them trying to make that a "big deal" in the season finale. Hopefully she's a special sort of undetectable demon, or angel, or something bad. Even more hopefully, Benny exposes her and whacks her, gaining Sam's trust and gets to ride in the back seat next season!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I really enjoyed the first 5 seasons of this show, and for all intents and purposes it really ended there.
Well Kripke did say he had a 5 year story in mind when he created the show, so his show did end there. Its been hit or miss since then but I really think this season they are sort of hitting their stride again.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
This show needs more Death. Death was awesome.

pIehY.jpg

pIehY.jpg

pIehY.jpg

Solariss

Golden Squire
To me, and unlike any other show, the more it deviates from the main story line the better the episode. At least this has been true for the past few seasons. I think it went down hill after the climax of season 5

TV show information provided by The Movie Database