SWAT 4: Gold Edition GOG

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
SWAT 4: Gold Edition on GOG.com

Fucking finally! GOG has managed to pick up the digital rights to SWAT 4, easily one of the best shooters of all-time. Made by Irrational Games (System Shock 2, Bioshock etc).

$10 for the game and it includes the expansion, $12.50 for SWAT 3 & SWAT 4. I can't recommend this game enough. I played it recently, it's still a blast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, this game is fucking amazing. When I did the hardcore clan thing this is what we played, so good! It had loadouts before they were cool. Fat suit rubber nade cheese FTW!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pepperball gun and arrest my way to victory.

9mm sidearm was also the best handgun I ever used in a shooter.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I'm still waiting for a game that scratched the itch SWAT 4 did. Nothing I've played since has really been close. Setting up one team to watch a corridor while I mirrored and wedged doors to keep our backs secure.. fuck me what a great game.

Jozu

oh shit totally forgot about beanbag 12 g! That was actually a good counter to pepperball users as just one shot would stun them out of being able to span pepperspray or balls. Arrest rinse and repeat. You just needed good hipfire aim to use that beanbag sgun right, the pepper route was more spammy.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I used to go Beanbag and pepper paintball for the entire element I was in and crazy lethal for the second element. It was then a game of 'Can I arrest more dudes before my other element kills them all."

I spent way more time on this game than I ever thought I would.

Vorph

Loved the game itself and it's still my favorite thing Irrational did, but the scoring system was utterly retarded. The combination of nonlethal weapons trivializing the game since you could just shoot first without warning and receive no penalty, and being required to use them in order to get a passing score on elite was really unsatisfying. And I had a really hard time suspending disbelief at the idea that a real SWAT team would show up without guns to all but maybe one or two of the scenarios.