Sweet Tooth

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Sweet Tooth

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-06-04

Creator: Jim Mickle

Cast: Christian Convery, Nonso Anozie, Adeel Akhtar, Aliza Vellani, James Brolin, Will Forte

Overview: On a perilous adventure across a post-apocalyptic world, a lovable boy who's half-human and half-deer searches for a new beginning with a gruff protector.

Animosity

Anyone check this out yet? Dropped today on Netflix. Im a big fan of Jeff Lemire's work. Hopefully Netflix didnt fuck this comic book show up too.

Caliane

yeah, I gave up. ep 1 boring as hell. ep 2 slightly less.. but still mostly boring. fast forworded through ep 3. bore, bore, bore.

never mind girl gamers get it done, and multicultural paradise.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
this shows premise is akin to middle age peasants believing the black death was divine punishment. woke ecclesiastical garbage.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

This does make me reconsider Y: the last man. man, that is going to be a trainwreck when it hits. its going to land like a wet fart in todays lens'.

the Misandry, yorick being a massive omega cuck, the multiculturalism, the man haters, etc.. it takes a long time to really get around to the "yeah, women in charge solves nothing, and they are just as shitty as men. my prejudices against men, was totally misplaced."

spronk

FPS noob
i mean it should be obvious when the tweet announced Y says "the last cisgendered male".... wat

so this show isn't scary or true post apocalyptic, just some goofy ass furry shit?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i mean it should be obvious when the tweet announced Y says "the last cisgendered male".... wat

so this show isn't scary or true post apocalyptic, just some goofy ass furry shit?

In regards to Y:
I don't read comics, so don't know how originally works, but the synopses on IMDB states that everyone outside the lead character with a Y chromosome, died. So, I would imagine any other "males" you see in the show are going to be female to male sex change. Expect to see a lot of them, since trans is trendy and butch lesbians are so 15 years ago.

In regards to this show:
A boy that is half deer (looks more like 15% deer from the picture) in a post apoc world sounds dumb. Also, children usually suck at acting (it's not their fault, they don't have much practice).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
just some goofy ass furry shit?

REEEEE Nekos are not furries. This show looks like trash, and just nope to calling it furry trash.

3c7.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Animosity

In regards to Y:
I don't read comics, so don't know how originally works, but the synopses on IMDB states that everyone outside the lead character with a Y chromosome, died. So, I would imagine any other "males" you see in the show are going to be female to male sex change. Expect to see a lot of them, since trans is trendy and butch lesbians are so 15 years ago.
hah I read the comic and it was really good. I hope to god they dont put this in, because it wasnt in the comic and is just dumb.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
In regards to Y:

In regards to this show:
A boy that is half deer (looks more like 15% deer from the picture) in a post apoc world sounds dumb. Also, children usually suck at acting (it's not their fault, they don't have much practice).
15% deer, while accurate, doesn't make a good sound bite.

Caliane

yeah. clearly some furry created animal/human hybrids in a lab. so god unleashed divine wrath down for the degeneracy.

Worse, the creator didn't even think it through. Catgirls. alright. but you don't just get 20 yr old catgirls. gotta wait 20years for that. Unless they were also a pedo. which, probably were.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

This would be comic accurate, as the virus killed every thing with a Y chromosome. Trans men would still be alive. The virus hated men so much, it killed sperm and embryos. At least in Y world, the wachowski sisters would also be dead, so they wouldn't be able to make a Matrix without Morpheus.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I feel like yall are misreading this. Its a kids show. My kids are loving it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I feel like yall are misreading this. Its a kids show. My kids are loving it.

1623165060728.png

my kids are long out of the house so i don't have to worry about this shit anymore but doesnt TV-14 mean its for 14+ year olds

granted my dad let me watch Conan the Barbarian when I was 8 and my daughter watched Paranormal Activity at a slumber party so its not like I have a fucking clue either

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
According to The Internets, TV-14 means "This program may contain one or more of the following: intensely suggestive dialogue (D), strong coarse language (L), intense sexual situations (S), or intense violence (V)". That shit is meaningless, like most rating systems. Some example f other TV-14 shows show a broad range, from Friends and The Office, to NCIS and Law and Order, to Stranger Things and The Mandalorian.

Seems like it's being marketed to a YA audience but idk, didn't read the comic so I can't speak to the actual content.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database