Sympathy for the Devil (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sympathy for the Devil (2023)

Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime

Director: Yuval Adler

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Joel Kinnaman, Kaiwi Lyman, Burns Burns, Cameron Lee Price, Rich Hopkins, Alexis Zollicoffer, Oliver McCallum, Nancy Goode

Release: 2023-07-20

Plot: After being forced to drive a mysterious passenger at gunpoint, a man finds himself in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse where it becomes clear that not everything is as it seems.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe we'll get collateral w/ a better ending
91NP3x-A2BL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it wont top collateral. nic can do a lot, but he can't pull that off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The ending of collateral was great (if you discount the coincidence of Jada being the last target) and tied into both characters well. Cruise fired center mass like he was trained and Max fired wildly. In the darkness/chaos, he was saved by the door frame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thought maybe this would be a Cowboy Bebop spin off or something. Since this was one of the episode names.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The ending of collateral was great (if you discount the coincidence of Jada being the last target) and tied into both characters well.

It also leads directly into the opening scene of HEAT just like how Rogue One goes straight into A New Hope

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My first thought was this is Collateral, but all Nick Caged up and over the top.

I want to like this one, but something feels off from that trailer. We shall see.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Takes a while to get going, never ultimately finds its footing.

Cage has a few decent scenes, but Collateral it is not.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
While RT is 50/50, it seems it's only getting good reviews because its a Cage indy B movie-- not because it's actually worthy of a 50% RT rating. I've had my fill for the year. This isn't one of the must-see Cage movies is what I've gathered. Taking a pass on this one I think. Saturation levels of Cage are too high and I'd rather check a better project with him in it than have this one stain it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed this. Its a short watch so that helps. The RT score shouldnt be considered for this. Cage was great playing a crazy guy. I got a good laugh at him constantly going in and out of a Boston accent.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database