System Shock 3

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No way! This better be co-op, playing SS2 co-op with my buddy was one of the best times I've ever had in gaming.

Caliane

Underworld is not out yet. This is troublesome. This studio can't possibly be big enough for two games can it?

Anyone back Underworld? have access to the newsletters? the prototype? Any input on the progress there?
underworld ascendant

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'd kickstarter this project.

System Shock is just brilliant gaming.

Bioshock was a supposed spiritual successor to those games, but while I enjoyed that series, it was no System Shock.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol Bioshock. Great setting and atmosphere but god god was it a terrible copy of ss2.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Daaaamn, I found the ancient 3D games not made by ID really hard to get into, so this is something that might finally get me to play it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Avellone must be a busy dude if he's working on this while also working full time for Arkane on Prey. I don't remember reading about a mass exodus from Obsidian so I guess the other Fallout NV people they have working on it are doing it on the side as well.

Really hope they hit that stretch goal ($1.7M), most of that stuff is must-have imo.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This project has so much goodwill behind it I sincerely hope they don't fuck it up

Caliane

haven't checked the demo yet. But HAVING a demo before kickstarting, certainly removes much of my apprehension of Otherside trying to reboot Ultima underworld and System shock at the same time, out of the blue.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
haven't checked the demo yet. But HAVING a demo before kickstarting, certainly removes much of my apprehension of Otherside trying to reboot Ultima underworld and System shock at the same time, out of the blue.
This thread is a bit misleading, the kickstarter that just started is for SS 1 remaster in Unity made by Night Dive studios, but there's also SS3 done by someone else

spronk

FPS noob
yeah thats my bad i didn't realize there were two seperate games. SS-1 remaster is being made by Night Dive. SS3 and Underworld Ascendant are being made by Otherside, which has Warren Spector on its team.

SS1 remaster is undergoing kickstarter now and has a demo out, and targeted for fall 2017 release.
SS3 (completely brand new game) is under early concept and is years away from release, they are releasing Underworld Ascendant first (Ultima Underworld sequel) late this year after a successful kickstarter last year

Caliane

yeah, bummer. that was very confusing.

SS1 remaster does sound cool in its own right.
Back to being leary about Othersides ability to make 2(3 games according to their website) at once. Underworld has alpha builds available for backers still. Did anyone buy in? got any words on how that is doing?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I didn't have enough nostalgia to buy into the underworld remake. It looked pretty underwhelming, but I have literally zero memories of playing any Ultimas.

I kickstarted this. One of the best games ever. Also:

legendary RPG designer Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2) is on board, as is the original System Shock concept artist Robb Waters (who also worked on BioShock and Thief). Beyond that, Fallout: New Vegas project director and senior producer Jason Fader is serving a leading role.