Tactics Games

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm trying to remember what series it was that I had played on the GBA. The most defining feature I remember was you had to level up specific dudes who you then sacrificed to make some demon sword or something to equip an OP character, like a dragoon.

I think it was Tactics Ogre, but it may have been Fire Emblem or FF Tactics?

Are there any good new ones out recently? I see there's a new Fire Emblem for 3DS in a few months. Ideally I'd like something more fully featured and with an online component.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's already at least one fire emblem out on the 3ds that's good. Can't comment on it's online content, only played single player campaign.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to remember what series it was that I had played on the GBA. The most defining feature I remember was you had to level up specific dudes who you then sacrificed to make some demon sword or something to equip an OP character, like a dragoon.

I think it was Tactics Ogre, but it may have been Fire Emblem or FF Tactics?
Tactics Ogre. You're thinking of snapdragon, the item that changes a unit into a weapon with stats, alignment, and passives based on the unit killed off, typically done with an angel knight for an op lightsabre!