Target stores hacked

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ouch Lenwen - and yea, just got the same (no charges looking odd or caught yet though) on my FB feed and linked it in the Next Gen Thread to warn folks.

So many people sounded like they did the PS4 Buy 2 Get 1 there or whatever it was plus the 3DSXL thing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah I did the Buy 2 Get 1 Free +30% off on some 3DS games. I'll have to keep a lookout for that shit.

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't buy any shit at target luckily during that time but my wife buys stuff all the time using the target credit card, I wonder if that is also vunerable to the data swipe

crazy that they are already hitting accounts they sniffed, thats rare in these cases

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I didn't buy any shit at target luckily during that time but my wife buys stuff all the time using the target credit card, I wonder if that is also vunerable to the data swipe

crazy that they are already hitting accounts they sniffed, thats rare in these cases
Just an FYI, my wife shops at Target weekly and we just got hit with a bogus transaction for the first time ever. We found it a week ago but after today's announcement I went back to look at our records and she went three times in the danger zone. Thank goodness we caught it and immediately cancelled her card.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
I shopped a time or two at Target w/ my debit/visa card during this time. I didn't take any charges and didn't want to take the risk of any. So I went to my credit union today and requested a new card w/o saying why I wanted to replace it. First question out of the lady's mouth was "is this due to the Target breach?". Surprised me they knew about it. While I was there another 5 or so people came in for the same reason to have their cards replaced.

I walked out of there with a new card, love not having to wait to have one mailed to me.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This news broke last night sometime I think, but the stores, banks, and government have probably known for another day or two. It's a fairly immense breach.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I shopped a time or two at Target w/ my debit/visa card during this time. I didn't take any charges and didn't want to take the risk of any. So I went to my credit union today and requested a new card w/o saying why I wanted to replace it. First question out of the lady's mouth was "is this due to the Target breach?". Surprised me they knew about it. While I was there another 5 or so people came in for the same reason to have their cards replaced.

I walked out of there with a new card, love not having to wait to have one mailed to me.
Estimated 40 million people affected and it was all over the news.. I'd be more surprised if they didn't know.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Useful info for those needing or wanting help.
United States Secret Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Secret Service: Frequently Asked Questions

The Secret Service is the agency you will want to contact for fraud. I didnt know about this till about 5 years or so ago. I was informed about check fraud and who investigates it from the company I worked for at that time. They deal with check cashing stores as their clients and gave me the scoop on it. I always figured it was the FBI.

Hope this helps some.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Or, you know, call your bank/credit company and have it fixed in 5 minutes.