Teamfight Tactics

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Teamfight%20Tactics-210x280.jpg

We should take this out of the League Discussion.

To test the game requires having a League beta acct. Having Honor level 3 in LoL gives you beta access, also people can buy beta accounts from 3rd party sites.

TSM launched a TFT site: Blitz TFT: Teamfight Tactics Tier List, Champion Stats, Items, Guides.

The game sits at top of Twitch for 2 days now.
You have a mix of top Hearthstone & League of Legends streamers playing + others.
Teamfight Tactics - Twitch Statistics and Charts

Mobile version isn't in the works, but isn't ruled out. No mobile would be huge negative marks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
hey so can someone give me the history of this shit, did some mod make this (dota chess) for dota 2, and the steam made their version and now lol made their version. Did any one hire the mod who made the original?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
It's up on PBE but the ques are 2 hours even in the middle of the night/during work.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
hey so can someone give me the history of this shit, did some mod make this (dota chess) for dota 2, and the steam made their version and now lol made their version. Did any one hire the mod who made the original?

The "company" who made the original is Chinese and made their own game called Auto Chess which is on mobile and the Epic Games Store. Valve tried to work with them but it didn't work out. Now Valve and Riot both have their own auto chess games called Underlords and Teamfight Tactics. Underlords is also coming to mobile, supposedly this week so they will have a big advantage in that market against TFT which looks to be dominating on PC atm.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

What Delly said...

And to add... The chinese developer started a company "Drodo". They only have a mobile version out now "Auto Chess". It's coming to Epic Game Store later for PC. So right now they have the edge on the mobile market. The App is pretty good and performs well imo.

Valve is making Underlords and it's in closed beta right now and will be coming to pc & mobile. There is an Underlords thread on these forums already: Dota Underlords
It's been streamed but hasn't been as popular as TFT so far, not sure why tbh: Dota Underlords - Twitch Statistics and Charts

And then you have this game which is in an open beta, no mobile in the works (hopefully comes). It's popular on Twitch, probably because it's the League IP. It's also done some innovating things compared to the other 2 games. Notably the map size is smaller and games are faster. It also has more focus on items and has an additional comeback mechanic (carousel). And it has the League art style which imo is better than the Dota/Valve style.

The Drodo game (Auto Chess) has ~35 min games on average, sometimes 40+ min. Huge negative! If TFT, or Underlords, gets game averages into the ~20-25 mark, that would probably be ideal. TFT already has shorter game times but not sure what the avg is.

Too early to call the winner of the genre but I would think Valve/Drodo have an advantage due to mobile. If somehow TFT becomes the biggest before a mobile version is released, I'd be surprised.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I imagine TFT will maintain decently high viewership just due to being tied to LoL. Though it might decrease after variety streamers are done playing it and then will most likely pick back up once its open to everyone. As far as user base, you would think due to Underlords being mobile it would probably secure some type of foothold in parts of the world that mobile gaming is popular, though it might fight with Auto Chess a bit. Crossplay for Underlords will be big as well.

I don't think Auto Chess will go away, but I don't think it has a chance of surpassing TFT or Underlords. The only advantage it has is being a Chinese game/company and being first in the mobile market. The Auto Chess category streamers on Twitch are just playing DAC and will most likely switch to TFT/Underlords when the opportunity arises.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Looks like PBE is getting slammed and took down the entire launcher.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Without Reckful drawing in a lot of viewers the games are pretty even right now. DisguisedToast and Giantwaffle are playing TFT while Dog (hearthstone), Swim (TCGs), and Gaara are playing Underlords.

As far as Twitch goes it seems to be anybodies game, I think a lot of the auto chess genre players will bounce back and forth so viewership might swing a lot.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
That'll probably change when the servers come back up. It's been down for maint.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
You're showing viewer numbers while the TFT servers are down.
Literally 28.4k people are watching some dudes drink water.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's another Warcraft 3 mod like DotA was, so there isn't a copyright since it used Blizzard's IP. That's why there's 3 versions of it again.

Why they are all coming out at once so many years later I don't know.

Played Autochess for a few days and it's got a great UI. I just downloaded the Valve version and the UI is really overproduced so it's difficult to easily see all the information at once, it's shit. Not played the League of Legends one.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Because DAC became a huge hit thanks to Amaz, Kripp, etc. Everyone saw this and started making clones. Now there is underlords, autochess, and TFT.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You're showing viewer numbers while the TFT servers are down.
Literally 28.4k people are watching some dudes drink water.
Hah I knew those numbers seemed off. The game was holding steady at 150k to 200k past 2 days.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Thats my bad. Without access to TFT I'm not actively checking the servers.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

Hey Everyone,
Here’s some information about how Teamfight Tactics will be rolling out over the course of this week. We’re releasing TFT on a deliberate timeline and with temporary restrictions to keep the servers stable as y’all show them your love in the early hours of TFT’s release. Keep in mind that TFT is still in a “Beta” period. We'll be looking to ship bug fixes and balance changes daily if need be.
Timeline (Pacific Timezone)
This is the plan, exact timing may vary.
Tuesday (6/25)
Note: There’ll be a Level 10 requirement for TFT on the first day and game starts will be throttled.
  • OCE
  • JP
Wednesday (6/26)
AM:
  • NA
PM:
  • TR
  • RU
  • EUNE/EUW
Thursday (6/27)
  • TH
  • PH
  • SG
  • KR
  • VN
  • TW
Friday (6/28)
  • BR
  • LAN
  • LAS
Missions and Modes:
In some regions, (NA,EUW/N, KR, VN, TW, LAN and LAS) TFT’s missions and client hub will be enabled one week after the mode is released. We want to be sure that the missions and beta pass are functioning as intended. We don’t want you to think you’ve completed missions to get your free Little Legend only to have them break. Once we’re confident that everything is working, we’ll get the pass and missions to all regions. Note: you will not earn progress towards the free “Beta Pass” until this system is up and running. This means that your free Little Legend, emotes, icon, and board skin will be delayed.
Level Cap

TFT will be temporarily restricted to level 10+ accounts on the OCE and JP servers.
General Measures
We’re doing a few things in all regions to help with the expected increase in server load.
  • Transfers are disabled until July 1st
  • Practice Tool is disabled
  • Custom modes are limited to 10 players minimum
We understand that some of these changes will have a significant impact on many of you. We’re excited to get TFT into your hands, so thank you for your patience as we get this thing out the door.

Kiki

Log Wizard
That's hax.

They need to address items tho. Right now, items are insanely powerful, as you can see from the stacked pyke, which is fine but if that's the case then they don't need to be rng from creep waves. Having someone with 3 completely items and you are sitting on maybe 1.5 feels like shit. Most of the time it's more important to get an item from the carousel than than a champ because you can reroll for champs, you can't reroll for items. I'm ok with OP, just less RNG please.

• 1Like