Ted Lasso

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
i regret not reading this thread before watching this show.

season 1 was quaint, somewhat entertaining, somewhat charming really. had hopes for it.

and it all went downhill from there, devolved into completely delusional faggot shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not a bad finale. It fit with the way the show was from the beginning. Coach Beard was by far the highlight of the season.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

bigolas

Not a bad finale. It fit with the way the show was from the beginning. Coach Beard was by far the highlight of the season.
His Beard After Hours episode is probably the worst of the series and he's surely behind the gradual unstoppable faggotry sjw push at the expense of the story throughout the 3 seasons. I found his character unfunny from the beginning and he couldn't help but ruin the writing of the show after season 1.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Glad I stopped watching after S1. I did watch a couple episodes into S2 and sensed something was off.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just finished season 3. So many shows start out with an interesting premise and devolve into the same tired tropes we've seen many times before. This is a particularly egregious case of it. Of the fans who loved season 1 I wonder how many people wanted them to cut out as much football as possible in order to make room for:
  • Keely
  • Rebecca's personal life
  • Nate's personal life
I enjoyed the show overall, but if those three elements were cut from the show in favor of more football it'd be a way better season 2 and 3. Imagine if this show was pitched as "aging tv commercial model rebuilds herself as a small business owner of a marketing firm while embroiled in a love quadrangle"

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Glad this is basically "over". Even if they did a 4th season, there's no way I'm watching. The show started to get back to its "feel good" roots toward the end, but overall it was another garbage ass season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bigolas

Glad this is basically "over". Even if they did a 4th season, there's no way I'm watching. The show started to get back to its "feel good" roots toward the end, but overall it was another garbage ass season.
There will surely be at least 1 spinoff series. Most of the actors have no career other than this series so they will keep milking it for a few more years. The women's team idea promises even more moralistic 5yo level writing with no humor.

• 1Barf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
That was the series finale, right? wtf how could this not have been the series finale? they wrapped everything up and ted went home to raise his son, he's couching his son's soccer team now.

totally could see these clowns doing a spin off with the womens league to continue to shitty afterschool specials with more out of touch woke garbage with all the shitty British cast but why.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That was the series finale, right? wtf how could this not have been the series finale? they wrapped everything up and ted went home to raise his son, he's couching his son's soccer team now.
They alluded to it not being the end by Ted telling Trent that it "wasn't about him" and he changed the book title to "The Richmond Way".

Basically, Jason didn't want to do the show anymore and wanted out.

Kiki

Log Wizard
They hardly even wrapped up Keely so their own storyline fizzled because the payoff was weak as hell. Every woman on here is just hopping from man to man. And the woman's team made me laugh. Everything else was pretty solid, it's a feelgood story, it always has been.

Roy Kent makes this show hands down. "Fookn hell"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Every woman on here is just hopping from man to man.
An interesting point that this show didn't stress but I'm glad they made is that literally the only main chracter with a reliably happy personal life was the family man, Higgins, and his modest family wife. Two mediocre people living in absolute bliss and comfort. Literally every other character with their interesting single lifestyle is in shambles. Even Coach Beard's happy ending is just him getting married and pregnant with the underlying presumption that somehow fixes the deep issues both he and Jane have. And the high-attraction soccer players who are just playboys with models.

Ted Lasso writers confirmed based and redpilled, embodying the virtues laid out by Jordan Peterson.

• 1Like

bigolas

An interesting point that this show didn't stress but I'm glad they made is that literally the only main chracter with a reliably happy personal life was the family man, Higgins, and his modest family wife. Two mediocre people living in absolute bliss and comfort. Literally every other character with their interesting single lifestyle is in shambles. Even Coach Beard's happy ending is just him getting married and pregnant with the underlying presumption that somehow fixes the deep issues both he and Jane have. And the high-attraction soccer players who are just playboys with models.

Ted Lasso writers confirmed based and redpilled, embodying the virtues laid out by Jordan Peterson.
According to twitter, that was just a Lasso dream during the flight, which would explain the horrible CGI.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

totally could see these clowns doing a spin off with the womens league to continue to shitty afterschool specials with more out of touch woke garbage with all the shitty British cast but why.
Maybe they will go the porkys route, open with a shower scene...

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad I stopped watching after S1. I did watch a couple episodes into S2 and sensed something was off.

Spider-Man What GIF by Caleb Linden Design

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think pretty early on in this show it became apparent it would get pretty gay at points. S1 was great, season 2 was alright, and season 3 was fine. It had some super-homo shit in season 3, but it's a quaint/cute little show. I didn't mind it, but I'm glad it's over. My expectations were low, and I had a forgiveness-level for the show that was probably too forgiving.

I thought Nate's departure from West Ham, and his return, were not substantial enough? Anyway.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife and I were huge fans of it the first season. I think we got to episode 5 or 6 of season 3 and just can't make ourselves finish it.

The last one we were watching I guess we assumed these were 30 minutes. We were both getting super antsy and just wanted the fucking thing to be over. Every time we ask about something to watch, we joke that we're not bored enough to consider the next episode of Ted Lasso.