Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Tagline: Heroes in a half shell!

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Family

Director: Steve Barron

Cast: Judith Hoag, Elias Koteas, Josh Pais, Corey Feldman, Brian Tochi, Michael Turney, Kevin Clash, James Saito, Leif Tilden, Michelan Sisti, David Forman, Robbie Rist, David McCharen, Raymond Serra, Toshishiro Obata, Sam Rockwell, Michael McConnohie, Skeet Ulrich

Release: 1990-03-30

Runtime: 93

Plot: A quartet of mutated humanoid turtles clash with an uprising criminal gang of ninjas

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Insanely well done movie. Loved this as a child, and as an almost 40 year old man. This is a considerably dark introduction to TMNT. The turtles are legitimate, have heart, distinct personalities, and are well done. Splinter, Shredder, April, and Casey Jones are top notch. The entire scene on the farm is as good as it gets, particularly when they are meditating around the fire. It’s fascinating what a down turn the series took after this, part 2 being bad, and 3 so bad that it’s blocked out of my mind. They truly nailed it with this movie.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Dark introduction? I guess if your first exposure was the cartoons and not the original comic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Turtles in time movie i actually paid to see. one of the few films i walked out on. the toy weapons movie was better. the original was awesome though.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Dark introduction? I guess if your first exposure was the cartoons and not the original comic.

Maybe I should have said gritty? But compared to the other movies, especially Michael Bay’s, it’s darker and grittier! There’s comedy in it but it’s definitely more serious. Wonderful movie!

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Maybe I should have said gritty? But compared to the other movies, especially Michael Bay’s, it’s darker and grittier! There’s comedy in it but it’s definitely more serious. Wonderful movie!

I mean, PG is darker and grittier than G, but it's still PG. I just have a lot of hate for the cartoon, and stuff based on the cartoon because I feel that the original comic was far more interesting and funny. If you like the turtles I'd recommend reading the OG stuff. You'll like them even more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
9 year old me still remembers Raph running down the street yelling "Come back here....I'm not finished with you yet.......DAAAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!"

That was the longest, loudest cuss word I'd ever heard in a movie that I was allowed to watch.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I mean, PG is darker and grittier than G, but it's still PG. I just have a lot of hate for the cartoon, and stuff based on the cartoon because I feel that the original comic was far more interesting and funny. If you like the turtles I'd recommend reading the OG stuff. You'll like them even more.

I think I read #1, didn’t like Splinter catch and arrow or something?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I remember bugging the shit out of my parents for a month for money to buy the badass Party Wagon toy. They were both working when they finally gave in so I just took the money and hopped on a bus to the mall and bought the shit out of that thing. I held onto the box on the return trip like it was the fucking holy grail.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't have this. Actually, didn't have any of the TMNT vehicles or bases... but I had what felt like 25 of the figures (I was in 3rd grade. I'd take them everywhere in a big back pack). There was this tan colored tree frog guy that was always my favorite one, just because I really liked the color.

Rmtz2cB.jpg

3rd series. Top row, middle right, between the orange and lime green guys.

Ohh, found it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database