Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Tagline: Raise some shell.

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Dave Green

Cast: Megan Fox, Stephen Amell, Will Arnett, Laura Linney, Pete Ploszek, Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard, Tyler Perry, Brian Tee, Gary Anthony Williams, Stephen Farrelly, Tony Shalhoub, Brad Garrett, Alessandra Ambrosio, Brittany Ishibashi, Peter Donald Badalamenti II, Antoinette Kalaj, Alice Callahan, Jane Wu, Meredith Travers, Robert Clohessy, Matthew Barnes, Carmelo Anthony, Dean Winters, Derek Chadwick

Release: 2016-06-01

Runtime: 112

Plot: After supervillain Shredder escapes custody, he joins forces with mad scientist Baxter Stockman and two dimwitted henchmen, Bebop and Rocksteady, to unleash a diabolical plan to take over the world. As the Turtles prepare to take on Shredder and his new crew, they find themselves facing an even greater evil with similar intentions: the notorious Krang.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 141495[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dave Green[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Megan Fox[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Amell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Will Arnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Linney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pete Ploszek[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alan Ritchson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noel Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Howard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Perry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Tee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Anthony Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Farrelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Shalhoub[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brad Garrett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alessandra Ambrosio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brittany Ishibashi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Donald Badalamenti II[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Antoinette Kalaj[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alice Callahan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Wu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Meredith Travers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Clohessy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew Barnes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmelo Anthony[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Winters[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-06-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]112[/RUNTIME]

Plot: After supervillain Shredder escapes custody, he joins forces with mad scientist Baxter Stockman and two dimwitted henchmen, Bebop and Rocksteady, to unleash a diabolical plan to take over the world. As the Turtles prepare to take on Shredder and his new crew, they find themselves facing an even greater evil with similar intentions: the notorious Krang.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Never saw Bay's abortion and this still has Megan Fox but my inner 10-year old is happy to see a good looking Bebop and Rocksteady.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
5BCpxPLyp4wGcTribpZ6WtNkVJ5.jpg

Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Dave Green

Cast: Megan Fox, Stephen Amell, Will Arnett, Laura Linney, Pete Ploszek, Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard, Tyler Perry, Brian Tee, Gary Anthony Williams, Stephen Farrelly, Tony Shalhoub, Brad Garrett, Alessandra Ambrosio, Brittany Ishibashi, Peter Donald Badalamenti II, Antoinette Kalaj, Alice Callahan, Jane Wu, Meredith Travers, Robert Clohessy, Matthew Barnes, Carmelo Anthony, Dean Winters, Derek Chadwick

Release: 2016-06-01

Runtime: 112

Plot: After supervillain Shredder escapes custody, he joins forces with mad scientist Baxter Stockman and two dimwitted henchmen, Bebop and Rocksteady, to unleash a diabolical plan to take over the world. As the Turtles prepare to take on Shredder and his new crew, they find themselves facing an even greater evil with similar intentions: the notorious Krang.

View attachment 141495

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i just learned today that one of my co-workers had a background and very brief appearance in Breakin' 2. For legit. My mind was, as expected, blown.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I'm going to see a shitty sequel in June, it's more likely to be Independence Day 2.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I might be the minority but I kinda liked the first one. It wasn't great by any means but I enjoyed it.

I'll probably end up watching this whenever it comes out on Netflix/DVD. But I do like that they seem to have jumped straight to fuck it mode with surprisingly true to the cartoon Rocksteady and Bepop, Casey Jones, Shredder, full blown foot ninjas, fucking turtle van, maybe even Krang with all the weirdo alien shit at the beginning.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I saw the first one, didn't care for it much. Their origins and shit seemed lacking. There were 2 or so funny moments, but mostly just garbage.

This one looks like it's loaded with action, nostalgia, and jokes. Sign me up. I mean, fucking Bebop and Rocksteady??!?! Fuck yeah. If they had Slash I'd be soooo in.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I didn't nec hate the first one, though I also went in with the lowest expectations as possible. Managed to find it enjoyable, though I went in with a few people sneaking beers, so that could have helped. One of the people I was with was a tmnt crazed punk(the grooms from his wedding were tmnt themed) and he enjoyed it quite a bit, I was surprised. I thought there were a lot of cool little details that kinda made the TMNT integrity intact, it was like a 90's vanilla ice kinda good/bad. Splinter's wall of boombox specifically was entirely too cool to see for me, and it could have been far worse from what I remember reading what original scripts had planned, alien turtles and shit.
xfAuuH4.png

With that in mind, a lot of the little things that are cool as shit about the turtles seem to remain intact in the trailer, specifically Bebop and Rocksteady and the simple fact they some how got It's Tricky for its soundtrack list. Which to me screams Turtle's and SSX Tricky. I don't think it'll be the greatest movie of the year, but it'll be interesting to see what kinda things they'll pull off. The lack of the Andrew WK look on Casey Jones is rather disappointing though.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
This may very well turn out to be awful, but my 12-year-old self would be going nuts over this trailer, which is a lot more than could be said of the first movie's

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
i just learned today that one of my co-workers had a background and very brief appearance in Breakin' 2. For legit. My mind was, as expected, blown.
Now THAT is a story to tell people!

To have met anyone that was in Breakin' 2...no easier way to get chicks.

Back to the subject: Of course this is going to suck

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
That was actually a good trailer. Probably not enough to make me see the film because I'm definitely not seeing the first one and come on...we all know who this still is but...that was actually a good trailer. Run DMC kicks in I'm like yeaaaaaah.

Madea as Baxter Stockman...interesting choice.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No doubt it will probably be disappointing but I will have to say out of all the TMNT movies, this looks more like the direction I have always envisioned the movies to be. Even the originals I thought headed down the wrong path with time travel and odd ball mutations but we finally have Rocksteady and Bebop not to mention the Turtle's Van with the manhole cover gun. I at least noticed several things that I had toy versions of in this trailer so that's good to some extent. The April O'Neil angle is still really weird. They put her in the trailer just long enough to see her tie a Brittany Spears outfit kinda tight around her stomach which I found kinda pathetic. Someone give me a Yellow Jumpsuit or a variation at least.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
In all honest this has the potential to be the best out of all the films, first 3 movies were not some masterpiece of cinema or really that good overall save for the original Casey Jones. Least Bay is only producing and not directing, but will they have their Go Ninja moment in this...

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I agree Turtles 2 and 3 don't hold up that well, but the first one is still a great movie. No way this will be better than the original. I finally caught the first Bay version when it hit Netflix or whatever and I could barely sit through the whole thing. I'll still end up watching this one when it comes to Netflix eventually because I'm a sucker for TMNT stuff, but I'm not expecting much.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
The first of the original movies was great. Two was a slide down in quality and the third was just dreadful...even worse than Bay #1, which wasn't a good movie but it was okay at parts. I had it on in the background on Netflix a few months ago, and it could have been pretty decent with a moderate amount of small changes. Maybe this one will get closer.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well fuck me. That trailer killed it.
turtle van, run DMC, baxter stockman, Kasey jones.. rocksteady/bebop. the foot. everything nailed the characterization and presentation.

And yeah, that opening... screams Technodrome incoming..
I think the flying tranformers are the Technodrome landing. coming down in pieces, which will form together into a single fortress.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database