Tell us your Mippo Tales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tell us your Mippoesque tales of close celebrity encounters or just "I knew a guy who knows a guy" stories! The more Mippo the better.

My friend is good friends with Rachel McAdams' little brother. He's a dewsh.
I once "bumped into" Alice Cooper at a bulk candy store. He was playing a festival in town that day. Just a strange place to see Alice Cooper.

That's all I got, bros.

Edit: My mom's like BFFs with one of the creators of WordPerfect. There's a Mippo level tale for ya!

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got drunk and went bowling with a couple of the dudes from MXPX because they're friends of a friend etc. Or maybe we played pool? It's hard to say at this point.

Edit: Then they wrote a song about me called Chick Magnet.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's this 64 year old little Domincan dude I work with in the trade, we get partnered up all the time. He used to play Minor League baseball for the Tampa Bay Tarpons in the 70's.

So he's showing me on his iphone the other day an old black and white picture of the team. He points out himself, a couple other players, then points to this tall guy in the top right. He says "Randy Mario Poffo". I was like "okay", but then he says "Macho Man Randy Savage".

I was like, wtf? No way.

So I looked it up on wikipedia, and apparently Randy Savage played for the Tarpons back in 1974 before his wrestling career.

Crell_sl

shitlord
My Grandfather was the director of cinematography from a lot of old TV shows, including a lot of the old Batman (Adam West) and Maverick shows. He got a Presidents award in 2003, where I got to meet a few celebs. (Inc. Lucy Lui, Robert Wagner ((who introduced him)) among others). Great guy, link to his IMDB page.

Ralph Woolsey - IMDb

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I believe it was the '08 (maybe '06?) Beyond Belief conference at the Salk Institute where a panel of people including Neil DeGrasse Tyson were asking, 'Where is the next Carl Sagan? How can we do that again?" Nobody had an answer.

I found Neil's email at the Hayden Planetarium and emailed him to say that he might not realize it yet, but heisthe next Carl Sagan. I went on to praise his work and his book and his enthusiasm and he actually answered me and said that I had paid him the biggest compliment he could imagine. A few years later, the man recreates Cosmos. You all can basically thank me for Cosmos. You're welcome.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was at a Coheed and Cambria concert in 2013 and Claudio Sanchez winked in my direction. It could've been the person behind me, but I'm pretty sure it was me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
back in the 90s i was at Irving Plaza checking out a Rob Zombie concert with a friend. we were at the bar. my friend gets up and leaves to take a leak, all of a sudden a very tall person walks over and sits in my friend's seat and orders a drink. i turn to tell him that my friend is sitting there and i realize its fucking Lemmy Kilmeister. i am not the biggest Motorhead fan, but i like some of their songs and just about anyone into metal knows who Lemmy is. i very casually say, "heyas Lemmy how ya doing", he responds mildly, "good evening, im fine". we start getting into a conversation about the Zombie concert and just when Lemmie is starting to tell me an interesting story, my friend comes back from the toilet and screams at the top of his fucking lungs. "OH MY GOD! LEMMY! ITS YOU! I AM ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST FANS!!!"

everyone else at the bar turns and notices it is in fact Lemmy and people swarm over to him and start crowding him. Lemmy makes a resigned expression, shakes hands says whats up. and walks the fuck out of the bar soon after. my friend was drunk so i wasnt too mad at him for being a fanboi, i still break his balls over it though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My mom was dating a concert promoter in the 70s and she told me that Alice Cooper passed her a joint backstage, she was of course straight edge at the time so passed it on......the moral of the story is I might be Alice Copper Jr.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I met Smokejumper (Ponytail) at 2010 Fan Faire and had a chat with him. He's famous right? Since he is the EQN Prophet

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You gotta actually spin it mippo style. You know, the offhand casual 'oh this amazing thing happened to me but I'm too cool to really care' vibe despite the fact you're posting about it on a forum purely for attention. And on top of that, despite what he thinks, actually is something worthless / borderline celebrity at best. It's a lot of criteria I fill to know but it's not easy hitting all checkboxes in douche

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Steve-o punched me in the nuts while posing for a picture in a bar. Clearly, I was THIS close to being full time caster member on Jackass.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Some chick I wanted to bang got me guest passes to a Justice/Diplo show one time, presumably because Diplo wanted to bang her.

iannis

Musty Nester
I went to a small lecture that James Morrow gave doing a book tour one time. I talked to him afterwards for about 10 minutes about something he had said.

I'm pretty sure he based on of the characters in his books on me.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I once raped Lena Dunham. I was very drunk and hadnt been laid in years.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I was at a Wal-Mart at college and saw Ben Stein buying nuts from a giant box container thing. My buddy said "hi" to him. And he responded with a "hello". True story.

Amazing but true.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Back when I was in college I worked at a bowling alley. It was located near a beach house were the local movie studio would put up actors who were in town on a shoot, so we'd occasionally have some notables out on the lanes.

Alan Alda came in several times, always during midnight bowling on the weekends when the house lights were all off. I sold him a Heineken once.

Then there was Jamie Lee Curtis. Her hotness had started to tapper off and she was something of a bitch.

The biggest name was probably Dustin Hoffman. He'd bring his whole family in every afternoon. He was as down to earth and friendly as anyone you'd ever hope to meet. This wasn't long after he had made Rain Man with Tom Cruise and the two had become friends. His wife (at the time) Nichole Kidman was co-staring in Hoffman's movie. One afternoon those two came in with Hoffman and his family. Tom and Nichole got into some sort of spat and went outside. Ten minutes later Tom walks back in with some bowling shoes in his hands. She never came out to bowl again, but they held the wrap party at the lanes and Tom was there for that. I was standing next to him when the elder Bush went on TV (which we had playing on the overhead scoring displays) to announce the start of Desert Storm. I'm not exactly sure how, but this made the backchannel rounds in Hollywood and eventually became the inspiration for The Big Lebowski.