Temtem (Pokemon like MMO)

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Why is there no Temtem thread?

I'm going to be the no.1 TemTem Trainer noone can stop me.
"Colorful characters"

Ya I'm gonna skip this diversity vanguard reboot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Any batphone guilds recruiting for Temtem? HMU for my MMO resume.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A Kickstart'd game that raised over half a mill? Okies.

When's Nintendo taking them to court?

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
90% of the pull pokemon has now is the IP itself. People are so used to Dickachu etc they need those to be in there. Any game that tries to take them on is bound to fail. It's like trying to establish a pro football game with fantasy team names.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
90% of the pull pokemon has now is the IP itself. People are so used to Dickachu etc they need those to be in there. Any game that tries to take them on is bound to fail. It's like trying to establish a pro football game with fantasy team names.

There is a huge subsection of pokemon MMO fans out there and competitive players that don't care about the names of the Pokemon.

Pokemmo had an insane amount of players before Nintendo killed it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't believe how desperate I am for a new mmo.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
There is a huge subsection of pokemon MMO fans out there and competitive players that don't care about the names of the Pokemon.

Pokemmo had an insane amount of players before Nintendo killed it

This game will have an even tougher time from Nintendo / gamefreak. The pokeMMO was "free" as far as I am aware, this will have a cost to it.

IANAL -- Love that acronym LOL -- but I bet Nintendo lawyers will have a field day grabbing money from these people as they shut this shit down.

It isn't even a subtle rip-off; they jerked the battle style, the "Ball" concept, the capture concept and if you watch a few of the alpha leaked of the intro the fucking intro is basically a rip of pokemon.

This game will, without a doubt, be sued into oblivion. Shit you could basically pull a bunch of kids into court to testify on Nintendos behalf and ask them "Is this pokemon?" and a good amount of them would say yes OR "it's super similar."

I'll look into this game if it survives a year.

Honestly though, what these devs SHOULD have done is approached Nintendo after making a PoC (no not People of Color) and said, we will build this world for you such that engine updates are easy, maintaining art and animation is easy, adding DLC is easy...ect. They would have made MUCH more money without constant threat of legal action.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This game will have an even tougher time from Nintendo / gamefreak. The pokeMMO was "free" as far as I am aware, this will have a cost to it.

IANAL -- Love that acronym LOL -- but I bet Nintendo lawyers will have a field day grabbing money from these people as they shut this shit down.

It isn't even a subtle rip-off; they jerked the battle style, the "Ball" concept, the capture concept and if you watch a few of the alpha leaked of the intro the fucking intro is basically a rip of pokemon.

This game will, without a doubt, be sued into oblivion. Shit you could basically pull a bunch of kids into court to testify on Nintendos behalf and ask them "Is this pokemon?" and a good amount of them would say yes OR "it's super similar."

I'll look into this game if it survives a year.

Honestly though, what these devs SHOULD have done is approached Nintendo after making a PoC (no not People of Color) and said, we will build this world for you such that engine updates are easy, maintaining art and animation is easy, adding DLC is easy...ect. They would have made MUCH more money without constant threat of legal action.

Nintendo does love to sue. But as I found out you can't copyright game mechanics or concepts.

Pokemmo got sued because they used actual pokemon

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is why it was so popular. The IP pulls the crowds. No pokemon IP means a lot of people would rather replay a pokemon game on the gameboy than even look at this.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Which is why it was so popular. The IP pulls the crowds. No pokemon IP means a lot of people would rather replay a pokemon game on the gameboy than even look at this.

Don't think you are really understand the online Pokemon crowd.

This isn't a game pokemon brand cultists.

It's for people who do this.

And this

And this

There is a massive section of players who enjoy online competitive pokemon battles and another section of people who desperately want a pokemon MMO.

This game scratch's both itches. Coincidentally both groups already are using non Nintendo emulators and websites and if you swapped out Charizard and Pikachu with knock offs they would not care.

You act like Digimon isn't a 6 Billion dollar franchise.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Laugh all you want but when was the last time you saw Pantheon/any other vaporware MMO with patch notes this detailed for a fucking alpha.

I mean I know I never implied it was ghetto, honest to god the game looks better than Pokemon Sword / Shield. All things considered, I really hope it does well because Pokemon is coasting on the goodwill of it's users at this point, it does well every release because...it's fucking pokemon.

People need to see what another company can do with "The IP" (i'll loosely call it, sicne it isn't literally POKEMON...but come on...) so they understand how much Gamefreak has been lazy in terms of features.

More than likely I'll play this if the wife picks it up, or maybe since the kid likes the concept of pokemon.

I really think they will have an uphill battle if they start doing well and nintendo notices them.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I mean I know I never implied it was ghetto, honest to god the game looks better than Pokemon Sword / Shield. All things considered, I really hope it does well because Pokemon is coasting on the goodwill of it's users at this point, it does well every release because...it's fucking pokemon.

People need to see what another company can do with "The IP" (i'll loosely call it, sicne it isn't literally POKEMON...but come on...) so they understand how much Gamefreak has been lazy in terms of features.

More than likely I'll play this if the wife picks it up, or maybe since the kid likes the concept of pokemon.

I really think they will have an uphill battle if they start doing well and nintendo notices them.

I don't know why people keep thinking Nintendo will/can sue them.

You can't copyright game mechanics at all.

I could make a scene for scene remake of Mario or Halo as long as I used my own assets and didn't touch copy rights I'm fine.

How many Dota clones exist or PubG etc.

Path of Exile!

People for some reason think Pokemon is special but it's just the foundation of the "monster collection" genre they don't and can't have a copy right on it.